jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Forum Writing 101

1. yoshi97 profile image89
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

To aid our newer members, I am creating this fill-in-the blank forum message that will help create interesting topics and rebuttals. I'm assuming this will prove more useful in the Religion Forum, but I do suppose it could be used elsewhere:

I think ___ is the best ___ on Earth. Though ___ tends to disagree with me, I think you will find that I am right.

Want proof? Look up ___ in Google and you will find a link to it on page ___.

Also, I wanted to mention that my hubscore is  ___ and I haven't changed anything. ___ said to ___ but this didn't help. As such, I'm going to ___.

So, I want you to ___ for me and hope that ___.

**That about covers it I think. smile

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 7 years ago in reply to this
      1. yoshi97 profile image89
        yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd say it works quite well, though Kiwi appears to be stuck in a loop. smile

2. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

Sweet! Finally an all-purpose thread-starting template. big_smile

3. yoshi97 profile image89

Why thank ya RooBee. I might add to this, but I wanted to keep it simple to start.

My interest is in what will come of it as people fill in the blanks. lol! smile

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

OOh, ooh, I will do it. brb smile

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

lol

ooops laughed so hard I dribbled on my keyboard.

Love ya wit!

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74

lol

Love ya wit!

6. Eaglekiwi profile image74

lol

Love ya wit!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Apologise for the repeats, froze and resent post ,wibbled n wobbled , then froze up ,when I came back saw the 'repeats ,tried to delete then Hubpages closed for repairs...wierd huh anyway sorry people smile

Yoshi very creative and tactful oh an lol

7. yoshi97 profile image89

I think _Dunghill Flats, Iowa_ is the best _place_ on Earth. Though _Kiwi_ tends to disagree with me, I think you will find that I am right.

Want proof? Look up _Dunghill Flats resorts_ in Google and you will find a link to it on page _36_.

Also, I wanted to mention that my hubscore is  _12_ and I haven't changed anything. _Darkside_ said to _kill all of my hubs off announcing the benefits of eating oysters_ but this didn't help. As such, I'm going to _write some more of them_.

So, I want you to _pray_ for me and hope that _PaulDeeds doesn't come in here and tell me to behave myself_.

8. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

OMG...hilarious! A well needed giggle for the day big_smile

9. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

We could also have a pre-written

"Please, please, please looky at my _hub on _and tell my why my hub score is only _I will love _ forever"

"This is the _forum to post your _ link, please refer to the _guidelines in the _forum"

"Your _hub and too many _ _ _ and you need to __ _ _ if you ever want to _ _ _"

10. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

People who have been here for a while have probably seen this "Flouncing Form-Thread", but for anyone who is new (and who has ever seen a flouce thread on any forums) this is funny:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/16689#post234816

11. Jane Dee Summers profile image60
    Jane Dee Summersposted 7 years ago

What is the point here.

I like BOB (Barack Obama) and what is HP a happy person. If you are an American, which I am not, why give people a stick to beat your own president.

h-e-l-l-o

12. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Jane, huh?  I don't see anything about Obama on this thread.  The OP posted a funny template "for new forum-posters".  Just above your post I posted a link to another "template" for people who "flounce" (say they're leaving HubPages and make a big deal about it, then come back a day later).  (Besides, as far as Obama or any other president goes, it's the American way for people to speak up if they don't like something the President does.  That's one of the freedoms Americans are generally glad, and proud, to have.)

H-e-l-l-o  to you too.   smile

working