jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What's Wrong?

1. Rebecca E. profile image90
    Rebecca E.posted 7 years ago

I'm looking back at my hubs and want to know any suggestions especially with this one:

I'm asking for it!  It doesn't get much traffic yet is teh best ranked one....

1. livewithrichard profile image88
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

From what I can see there isn't anything wrong with your hub as far as information provided and mechanics of the hub layout. 

The reason you are not getting much traffic is because the topic is heavily saturated.  There are 143 million broad hits for your title on Google alone.  But even worse than that, nobody is searching for your keywords except for "make time" that has a lot of search volume but too much competition.

I would let it sit for a while but blog about it and link to it for additional info.  In the mean time keep writing and doing keyword research.  You want keywords that have a decent search volume (1000 - 20,000 per month) and low competition less than a million.  Of course, the higher the search volume and the lower the competition, the better.

2. yoshi97 profile image87
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

Sadly, topics in writing don't typically bring in a lot of bacon. I know this from my own experience. There are some niches in the writing field, but they offer revolve more around publishing books and writing essays. sad

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

As Yoshi says, Hubs (and blogs) about writing are not very lucrative because there are already too many people writing on the subject!

If I may go off topic a little, though - I had a quick look at your Hubs and you need to learn more about how to lay out a Hub for maximum income.

Are you splitting your text up over multiple capsules? You should - it will maximise ad placement and also enable you to put photos and videos within the Hub instead of at the top or bottom.  Never start your Hub with a big photo - you want your reader to be hooked by your opening para, and they can't even see it if there's a photo at the top. Float your photo(s) to the right further down the page, to allow an Adsense ad to occupy the prime right-hand corner spot. 

There are plenty of video clips on Youtube about writing - find some and add them to your Hub, too.