jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Squidoo and Helium Won't Pay Canadians Upfront...

1. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 7 years ago

I was kind of excited about the prospect of being paid by the article and so I quickly signed up to Squidoo and Helium.  But soon thereafter, I read the rules and regulations and saw that I don't qualify, being that I am a Canadian, and that I can only earn through clicks...whats up with that???  Anybody else have the same experience???

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You never did get paid for each article at Helium and I'm quite sure it's the same at Squidoo. I have earned money at Helium through selling to a publisher and I will get that money if I ever reach $25.

1. megs78 profile image60
      megs78posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really?  Cause when I went thru the payment options they say they pay up to x amount of dollars for certain articles or you can choose to go the click way, but out of country have no choice but to go the click way.  Maybe I will check again...

3. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 7 years ago

Wait, wait, wait!!!  I messed up I think, it was Associated Content that won't pay non-US citizens upfront.  Out of country contributors are only eligible for Performance Payments.  Whoops...sorry

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Squidoo has NEVER paid for anything up-front.  It's based on a payment tier.  You have to rank very highly to earn anything from them.

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Helium does make upfront payments IF you qualify and only for certain articles. Canadians can be paid, as can Australians.

However I don't recommend Helium for several reasons, not least because the pay per article is appalling. I wrote a Hub about it - I won't post it here but you can find it from my profile.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image81

Yes, it would be nice if Associated Content paid Canadians.

7. spirituality profile image59
    spiritualityposted 7 years ago

Squidoo pays out to anybody with a paypal account. Which works better for me personally than hubpages, because Amazon doesn't pay out directly to Dutch publishers.

It is true that on squidoo, as on most affiliate sites, you have to hit a certain amount of visitors/income to get payed. Google too has a minimum payout level, which means that hubpages does too (through google AND amazon).

8. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

On Helium, upfront earnings are based on stars (and whether articles are in the "upfront-pay category", which doesn't include creative, debates, maybe recipes, and possibly some others).  They offer a an $1 for some articles that have only one article to the title.  A five-star writer earns 2.50 for an eligible article, and writers with fewer stars earn less.  AC pays higher but needs to make an offer, while Helium just pays for eligible articles.  I don't happen to want to write for 2.50 an article.  Articles on Helium also earn a share of ad revenue.

There are writing sites that do pay more for articles, but I don't know which ones "rule out" non-US writers.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image81

Unfortunately, the ones that pay by article that I have come across are all for US only.