jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Best way to increase traffic?

1. asdrockyroad profile image60
    asdrockyroadposted 7 years ago

Can someone please help me out in some tips for getting more visitors to my hub (once it is actually sorted?)

I have only just found this site and was intending to just use it as a trafficking page to my original blog that I am trying to get followers on... Anyhow.. I'm hoping that by mid-week that I will have some interesting and informative posts and within a variety of different categories *which is why I am loving this site actually - you don't have to stick to one topic!*

I know that you can go around saying "I'll be your fan, you be mine..." but is that really the best way or is there some other tips?!

Thanks guys. xxx

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Try to use HP to write good content instead of using it to send traffic to your blog. Once you start earning money here, I am sure you will be using other sources to bring traffic to your hubs.

As for your blog. Try to get targeted search engine traffic and the search engine traffic will buy your products as well as follow you.

Read this: How to get Search Engine Traffic.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If your goal is to make money from HubPages, then the visitors you want are the ones who come via search engines.  They are not members of HubPages, so "fanning" won't attract them. 

To attract search engine traffic, you need to write interesting, informative articles (not "posts").  Search engines might pick up your first Hub as being about "autism", but anyone arriving at it would be disappointed, because it doesn't really cover the topic.  Think of Hubs more like magazine articles - longer than a blog post, and information-rich.  Then you'll start getting search engine traffic.  But be patient, as it can take three or four months before the money starts trickling in (and a few more months before it starts really flowing).

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Building landing pages for your blog is surely the fastest way to NOT get traffic.  Nor is fanning for disingenous reasons.

Writing original, compelling content that people genuinely find useful, helpful or interesting seems to work best.