jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Help please, if you'll apply for google analytics when it will work?

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image62
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

How long will it take before google analytics works after signing up for it...

2. Susana S profile image90
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

A day or two in my experience. The google bot needs to collect the info before it can show you anything, but it does take a few weeks to get any useful stats.

GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

3 days have had passed but i dont have some data... thanks for the reply susana...

3. Rynaldos profile image73
    Rynaldosposted 7 years ago

In my experience, 1 day. After you paste the analytics code into your HP, just give it a day.

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I added a website recently and thought, at first, that it wasn't collecting data.  Then I realised that the first page only shows the percentage change compared to last month - so it will still show "N/A" for the whole of the first month.

Dig deeper and you'll probably find some traffic stats in there!

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

General,

When you first login to Analytics, you should see a page that lists the profiles you have created. So you should see a line that says:

hubpages.com     View Report

And to the far right, it will say Edit or Delete. Now just to the right of where it says 'View Report', you should see either a green checkmark or a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in it. Which do you see?

I think i didn't follow the instructions, there is no review report that appears on me...

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

General - Once you've signed up for Analytics and put your ID number into HP's Affiliate Settings, you need to go back to Analytics and set up a new profile for http://hubpages.com. Let me know if you need help with it.

2. rebekahELLE profile image89
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

then what? I'm also not seeing any statistics and I signed up and entered the code last night.  I see the green checkmark and the hubpage url is starred.  what next?? can anyone help? hmm

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
        rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hmmm, no one has the answer tonight?

1. lrohner profile image85
          lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Rebekah, Not sure what it means when the hubpage URL is starred. Be that as it may, Analytics takes some time to collect data. I never look at today's data until tomorrow, and just always consider it a day behind. You should wait until late today and or early in the morning and see if anything is showing up.

6. BrianS profile image82
    BrianSposted 7 years ago

My analytics data has always been available the next day after I added a site but I did have a problem once when I was seeing no visitors and I knew people had visited even the though the status was saying collecting data.

I got the code again and pasted it back into my website and bingo data again the next day. So somehow I must have corrupted the code and because, I assume, analytics had previously registered data being received it did not update when it stopped, so it is worth pasting the code in again if you are not receiving data after a few days and you are sure you have had visitors.

7. mymagicview profile image54
    mymagicviewposted 7 years ago

Just 1 day

working