jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

I am a newbie and need some help.

1. Texasboy39 profile image60
    Texasboy39posted 7 years ago

I have a few Lenses over on Squidoo. I am not impressed with them at all. I would like to transfer them here and then delete my account there. In doing so will my hubs be flagged and points taken away because they would be considered not fresh? They are mine and I just want to move them.

James  aka Texasboy

1. blue dog profile image79
      blue dogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

if you didn't already know, now you do.

2. Angel Of Love profile image81
      Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have moved all my lenses to HubPages cause Squidoo's not converting bucks anymore like it used to be.

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

welcome to Hubpages!
        I'm a fan..smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know some people would say yes, because the Lenses would still be in the Google cache, but I did something similar and didn't have a problem.

I joined Today.com when they were offering $1 per post, deleted an old blog and reposted all the posts from that blog.  There was only a week or so lag between deleting the old blog and reposting, but I didn't trigger their duplicate content filter once.  Whereas I posted a revised Helium article (which obviously wasn't revised enough!) and tripped it right away, so their filter was working.

Bottom line is, even if you do get flagged, it's not that important.  I still have a few flagged articles from the early days, when I didn't understand how it worked. I've never gotten around to revising them but they don't really hurt my overall score and they're still earning money.

2. brad4l profile image83
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

Yes, I imagine they would/could be flagged at first, although this might go away once google de-indexes your squidoo lens.

Another possible problem is that if someone has scraped your lens and published the content somewhere else, Google might choose the site with stolen content on it over hubpages.

A better solution, IMHO, would be to leave your lens as they are and simply rewrite them for hubpages. Then, you can place links in your lens to your new Hubs, which will help your rankings.

1. blue dog profile image79
      blue dogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

and maybe change that texasboy avatar.  we wouldn't want you to be found guilty by association.  disregard this comment if you choose to stay out of the politics forum.

good luck to you and welcome to hubpages!

1. 0
        A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is the Magic Mushroom closed today Duck?

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I have some Hubs and Squidoo lenses that share traffic back and forth between the two sites very well.

4. jdavid profile image61
    jdavidposted 7 years ago

Also a bit frustrated with Squidoo as my lens still hasn't been indexed even after throwing some links to it.  It's a rewritten version of my Hub page.