well...please help me...

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (73 posts)
  1. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

I started a hub today. It turned out longer then I wanted it to be. (This isnt spam btw I dont even have adsense..) is it ok? should it be shorter? should I continue? Does anyoen want to read it?
    The thing is, most hubpages are about earning some money, and I SOOO get that. I like writing. I love people more. I have a mesed up family. I found this place, that none of them knows aobut, so I use it. I do not, at all, want to be responsable for bringing the place down. I started a hub today and stopped, because it got too long. I dont care if anyone ever reads it. I wanted to know, if I continue, will it negativly impact other people herre, who are trign to earn money?

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

rednckwmn, continue to write as much as you want. If the hub is long, keep it. Just edit it to make it more intersting or whatever you think may be done. But don't worry about the length, chica! Do what you love: WRITE!

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK. but.. my question is, if it isnt good, does that bring the whole "society" down? clearly, I wouldnt even have started if it wasn't interesting to me.

3. profile image0

SPAM!!!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Crazdwriter, you do realize that by posting this spammer's post, complete with spam hyperlinks, you've done him a big favour? If you want to comment on these guys, then please snip the link first.

4. profile image0

u r a jerk

5. profile image0

No it won't bring down the whole society. And I am sure it is good! Just write it, edit it if you feel like it needs it, or even ask people to look at it and give you feedback. I did it and people were willing to help me out.

6. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

No it will not do any harm. HP is a very diverse community, and quite a few people here write just for a sake of writing, or communicating, or any other reason not even remotely related to money. Relax and enjoy - and be yourself, we all admire you smile

7. profile image0

Cool, thanx guys.  wink

8. profile image0

anytime chica!

1. Kadmiels profile image51
      Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

chica?? you feeling ok today craz?

9. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Why would it not be good?
    I think my longest hub is around 3800 and it is very well supported.  The key is to keep your reader involved in the plot.  In that way they will always enjoy your work. 
    I also enjoy the writing side of it.
    I have absolutely no doubt that I can write 700 words on "How to Choose Undies" or "Make a Party Hat." smile
    But when all the experts have made a few bucks of the subjects; Then..... I might Choose to write about those things... far more eliquently! lol
    IDGAS.

1. profile image0

lol How Do you choose undies? HAHAHAHAHA!!! no really...I just wanted to make sure I didnt interfere with other hardworking peeps on here.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You will see... It is googled 500 per day I believe... @Xmas... seems people don't bother looking for undies during the year lol
        Just Be!!! OK? smile

1. profile image0

Oh, I can just be..no problem.  smile cant wait to read an undies hub....here's how I choose mine, first..do they fit? second, are they comfy? third, are they easy to rip off?.....

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would love to read the undies one ,but only if ua feature Dan Carter ok,hehe

10. profile image0

Oh yea Pearldriver rub it in that you have long hubs lol just kidding. good advice though

11. Pearldiver profile image68

"Ditto"... How fast do yours? hmm

1. profile image0

depends on the strength of the stitching. the ones with the ties on the side? pretty quick...

lol Cool. The Edible ones desolve quicker tho... Mind you that depends on how sharp the tongue is lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

and no making out near an open flame lol oh baby yer hot, hahaha

1. profile image0

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! And liquid lollipops are not a good idea either!! lol

ohhhhh..roflmao now lol

2. profile image0

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! or how much drooling there is...  smile btw I never even have seen these. I have heard of them.

The edible ones are in stores ith XXX on them  lol but geeze ya know what would be cheaper, chocolate paint , uhuh , yep ya followin...lol

Hey I will read ya hub too, and I know even before I read it ,it will be great wink...why: because you are ,and your work will have your personality weaved throughout Im sure...

1. profile image0

awwww....jeeze...
              First, thank you
              Second, thats not what I meant. I cant even explain...I love love love when people say nice things to me. They dont have to, Im all goood on my own. I really just dont want to be a negative to peopel is all.
              Third...Whats this? chocolate paint!!???? What stores???? OMG!!!

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

There ya go throw way undies lol

13. Pearldiver profile image68

lol Bugger Where Did you come from EK?

14. Eaglekiwi profile image74

From under the Puha Patch smile

15. Pearldiver profile image68

Eaglekiwi wrote:
    The edible ones are in stores ith XXX on them lol  but geeze ya know what would be cheaper, chocolate paint , uhuh , yep ya followin...

EK... Why waste a good strawberry PAINTING it with chocolate when you can enhance the strawberry far more by DIPPING it in chocolate?  It shouldn't be a 'cheaper' thing; if you wish to do justice to the strawberry lol

By hokey pokey lol ya might be onto a winner there bro

16. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 14 years ago

I'm thinking about dipping a chocolate covered { lollypop ) into the strawberry flavored edible panties...now, there is a match made in heaven...

Good to see you are more adventurous than us lol
      I have to write a hub about "How to choose undies"
      I couldn't keep a straight face lol

1. maven101 profile image71
        maven101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFL...Now where did I put that chocolate sauce..?

Edible panties would be most difficult to describe without allowing for the reason why panties should be edible in the first place...Good luck on such a challenging Hub...

17. profile image0

OH NO!!! You guys are the best. I love it when a forum goes wrong...all I can think about now is chocolate and strawberries and..well...I am in a much better mood now then I was when I woke up today.  smile

lol Chocolate body paint ,not sure which store exactly ,but hey youre more a doit yourself girl like me D, so just buy ya own paint brush (kids section) at Walmart,biggish size , melt down some chocolate ,and paint ya undies on lol then hope the mother in law dont decide to visit..ahahaha..

Maven ooooaaa, dats wude isnt it cool wears these while I read..lol

18. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

wow, the things I miss when I don't log on Hubpages for one day smile.

DM, can't wait to read your new hubs smile.

EK, congrats on the 100! Don't know if there's a different post on this one so I'm posting it here. I know DM won't mind smile.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You hit 100 yesterday...

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

good day general...

2. emievil profile image68
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL I was in an out of town trip yesterday. Just got back today.

1. profile image0

good day emievil...

2. imadork profile image71
      imadorkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe you are evil.  You are an evil SOB!

1. emievil profile image68

Er, I am not a "Son". smile

Good day too mtsi.

1. imadork profile image71

You ar an evil DOB!

Are you bein dorkish to my friend!!  /: she be the bee's knee's!!is EMI

I just need a girlfriend.  I'm so lonely!

Get a puppy smile less hassle lol

LOL. get out those natives EK! I for one will be glad to see them.

Sorry imadork, have husband, won't trade smile.

You would if you really knew me.  I took a few women away from their significant others.

I did too, but probably for other reasons wink

I'm sure you do. smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Awww Em you sweet thang , Ijust logged on this morning ,think Im Eastern time ,dunno but 100 score!! dunno why I havent done anything different, since 94 ,shhh dont tell anyone smile

1. profile image0

too late...congrats!

Thanks a bunch smile

19. emievil profile image68

tsk, we're hijacking DM's post here. smile

We are like Arab terrorists!

2. profile image0

i feel so special, my first hijacking!!!

20. Gemsong profile image61
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

As always it's fun to watch how quickly a thread to degenerate into chaos. I'm still cracking up over the 'undies' issue.

Me too. Unfortunately I wasn't here when all these were being posted sad.

21. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Im waiting on Pearld's grundy,undie hub ,really hope he has taken into consideration the new 'fall' colours lol

http://www.iplayworld.com/images/Big_Mama_Panties.jpg

Undie 500 lol  lol

LOL OMG. This is soooo funny smile.

Sexy huh
        Thinkin be great for catching apples too lol

You can make that a skirt LOL! Just open up the bottom part and put garters on top (where the waistline is) so that it won't fall off.

tank-top for fireman eeeee oooo eeee ooooo lol

Tank-top + fireman??????????? lolololololo smile

22. Eaglekiwi profile image74

See dork someones bein nice to me  big_smile pokes my tongue out tongue lol

Dont worry dork im just playin with ya. I dont bat for the other side (makes a funny face) lol

BDog Its the humour I really get off on lol gawd ya gotta laugh at life n people huh.

Im happy you love ya honey too smile, Im married to a guy from Steelers territory who talks my ear of about 10's speakers, and how Springsteen was for the working man, uhuh ,wow, ( dont see no blisters on his hands ) but what do I know ,lol....

Tomorrow I think I should wear black n gold panties all the same  lol

1. blue dog profile image59
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sounds like a great cheerleader outfit, hopefully he'll take a bit of time away from all the man huddles on the tube.

23. emievil profile image68

*yawn* gotta go. Hey EK, have to go. Good nite smile. You be good hear, ya hear?? big_smile

24. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I wondered what they called breaking the thread!  hijacking! hohoho - just remember Santa is still watching@u!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)