How to annoy your shopaholic wife

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (39 posts)
  1. mayhmong profile image76
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

I received this e-mail from a friend of mine. Turns out this event actually occured in our very own Target?! Thought that this was hilarious. This is one bored guy who likes to play practical jokes in Target. Read on....

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Target. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse.

Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Target.

Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and  have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Samsel, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away! This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.

6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION- WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of 20 funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

And last, but not least:

15. October 23:  Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of

the clerks passed out.

Cathryn Doub

1420-A  East Fire Tower Road

Greenville, NC 27858

Phone (252) 321-5021

Extension 14228

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hee hee these are priceless! smile

2. A2shley profile image60
    A2shleyposted 14 years ago

Is this for real?  this is hilarious! 

Pick me! Pick me!

hehehe

3. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

This is too funny, May!  Now I'm jealous that I didn't come up with these ideas!  I love getting kicked out of retail venues.  It pokes fun of the seriousness of business and spices up what is normally mundane!

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

lol I've read this before

5. mayhmong profile image76

Hey, don't get any ideas guys! LOL

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO you know you want to read in the paper that somewhere someone has done these things. lol

6. mayhmong profile image76

That would've been awesome! Beats having to read them dreadful news!

7. profile image0

lol so true mayhmong so true. we all need a good laugh.

hey dohn go out and do some of those things lol and make sure to get it online so we can read it HAHA

8. mayhmong profile image76

I think his gf would kill him if he attempts any one of them?!

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

darn that's right...I know I would kill my husband if he did any of these...maybe I should do them with my hubby lmao

9. bayareagreatthing profile image60
    bayareagreatthingposted 14 years ago

That is hysterical!  I loved it!

10. mayhmong profile image76

Yeah in the hunting shop. Ask for some antidepressants wink

11. profile image0

oooo that would be a good one lol

or if you go to a resturant ask for tums with your meal

12. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

LOL. Makes me glad that my husband can't read this. He usually goes out of the store where I'm shopping. If he gets to read this...LOL

13. imadork profile image71
    imadorkposted 14 years ago

My wife put me in debt and then left me.

14. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

haven't seen such hilarious thing in ages. Thanx for sharing.
    But its too short. sad
    would love to read more of these.

1. imadork profile image71
      imadorkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine is not funny...it's fucking true!!!!

2. mayhmong profile image76
      mayhmongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You got any more crazier ideas? hehe

15. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Very funny (all of them).  For some reason, the M&M's on lay-away particularly struck me.   lol

16. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Make her a handmade card for her birthday.

17. mayhmong profile image76

imadork, sorry to hear that!

sweetiepie, a handmade card would be sweet, but if its made out of something else...hmmm..

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My sister is a holiday shopaholic and thinks I am cheap to only make people cards.  The way I see it people already have lots of material possessions they end up getting rid of anyway, so why add more to the pile?  When I made her handmade cards she was highly disappointed smile.

1. mayhmong profile image76
        mayhmongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She must be spoiled!

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best way to end a womans shopping spree is to say everything she tries on makes her look fat. I wouldn't do it because my wife hits but I've heard it works.

My sister likes to buy people expensive gifts around the holidays, when she knows others are not going to do the same for her.  Once she bought a hundred and fifty dollar Irish storm lamp for my sister, and they bought her a bath soaps kit in return.  I know she enjoys being generous around the holidays, but then she always gets her feelings hurt because they cannot afford to do the same for her.  People with kids are going to focus on Christmas for them first smile.

18. profile image0

I love making my own cards! It's so much fun. i did once for my parents for a wedding card and after my dad read it he told me that I shuld work for Hallmark. big_smile

Oh and something cool! they now make paper and bookmarks and other things out of elephant poop. big_smile

19. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Nobody tells me how many shoes I should own. wink It's a divine right.

Nobody should care how many shoes someone else owns smile.  Maybe they are just jealous smile.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't care, wink, lol.  It isn't their $$, so they have nothing to say!

Exactly!

2. profile image0

If your feet have odifferous issues then more could be crippling.

20. mayhmong profile image76

Elephant poop?! Ewww!

And does this dress make me look fat? Yeah, I would've knocked ya out too

1. profile image0

I talk big but I know my place.

21. mayhmong profile image76

There's too much heat going on the forum! Let's take our mind on to something else?

22. mayhmong profile image76

I wish I can goof off in Wal-mart, since I have to be here nearly 70 hours a week. Too bad I sort of work right in it. So I better not even try!

23. Chloe Comfort profile image59
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

LMAO!!!! You've just given me a few ideas :-) True or not - it's still hysterical!!!

24. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

LOL - these are hilarious!  I can see my son doing some of these things big_smile

25. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

They are hilarious although I can assure anyone wondering- it's not true.

p.s., I've actually done the first prank at Wal-Mart when I was a kid. Ahh good times pranking people!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)