jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

Duplicate Hubs - does anyone care?

1. nicomp profile image60
    nicompposted 7 years ago

These two hubs are word-for-word identical in many places:

http://hubpages.com/hub/3000-Words-on-M … nt-1574630

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-can-you-start-a-new-hub

I reported this to both authors and also flagged one of the hubs over a week ago. One author should be ticked off and one should be banned; so far nothing has happened as far as I can tell.

Should I care or is this a common occurrence?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you send an email to team@hubpages.com? That is probably the quickest way to get it removed. The original author also has a thread about this.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I would think hubpages would care. Duplicate content isn't a good idea, in my book. But it's up to them.

The first hub has been ranked frequently in the top hubs listing. So I'd think he would care.

3. awsydney profile image60
    awsydneyposted 7 years ago

The first hub has so many comments from sometime back while the second one has none. It's pretty obvious who's the culprit and he should be kicked out of this place.

4. jonmarsh profile image79
    jonmarshposted 7 years ago

That's pretty bold to copy it right back to hubpages.

It probably doesn't hurt the original author since the hub is well established.

1. awsydney profile image60
      awsydneyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's not the point Jon Marsh. I just think it's utterly unethical for someone to copy another's work and have the gall to paste it on  the same site waiting to be discovered. He might me more stupid than he is unethical!

1. jonmarsh profile image79
        jonmarshposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was just making a different point.

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

The original author actually did post his concerns about this yesterday. So I have also flagged the one who copied. Hopefully the author did what Uninvited Writer said to do and email the team as well.

1. nicomp profile image60
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As far as I can tell the original author has disabled the "Contact me" link on his profile. I was unable to contact him directly when I noticed this situation. I suggest that everyone enable that link so we can help each other with issues such as this.

Maybe I'm just a busybody.

1. awsydney profile image60
        awsydneyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No you're not. There should be zero tolerance for plagiarism especially when it comes with stupidity.

6. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

The second hub is not just duplicate it is plagiarism and because there is adsesne on the second hub it is also a copyright infringement.

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Nope you're not a busybody. No one wants this guy copying our hubs next.

Feel free to contact me anytime, if you notice someone copying my hubs word for word.

8. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

No way are you a busybody nicomp. You are doing the right thing by trying to warn the other person. You are a great guy for doing that nicomp. If someone was doing that to me I would definitely want you to tell me. and to help me out with it. I have mine up so you can contact me. smile

And yea some ppl don't but that is up to them I guess even if there are ppl like us who want to help them out.

9. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

This has been dealt with already.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Maddie!

2. manlypoetryman profile image71
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah...Thanks Maddie...Copying really stinks...(to put it in a mild tone!)

10. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 7 years ago

KAPOW! Busted!

working