jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

amazon

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image91
    Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years ago

Why won't my amazon link work - there was a brief flash where 4 books appeared, then went again! thanks

2. PhilD41 profile image60
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

I am not sure if this is the problem, but I ran into something similar.  In my case I was linking to a kindle version of the book.  It wouldn't accept that.  After searching and finding the URL for the dead tree type it worked fine.  I am not sure what the problem is, but that was my solution.  Might be worth a try.

Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Phil. Not sure I know about kindling and dead wood (in this context) though. Will try again today when feel calmer.

3. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

2 things to suggest for you. One is choose your own products rather than just put in a keyword. Two make sure you are choosing products from amazon.com - that is the only amazon you can sell with on hubpages. Have you got an amazon.com affiliate ID (number 20 at the end)? HubPages will only work with this.

Hi, Will try this next. have found problem - I put in several key words, but realise that I need only one or two ie Bees works, and bees honey, and France, but not bees, honey, france, gardens ....... Still not sure if commas are ok or not!

Many thanks for advice - is alot to learn.

Barbara

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Looks like you've deleted the capsule so not sure?  I assume you have signed up for Amazon (remember it's Amazon.com only, not the UK one). 

Nice Hubs to start with!  A couple of tips

- you don't comment on your own Hub, unless you're replying to other people's comments!

- move the comments capsule right down to the bottom of the Hub.  People tend not to scroll down past the comments, so they'll miss all those nice photos.

Yes, I had signed up for amazon, though again, I wasn't sure if I had managed to do it.

Thanks for advice also. Will implement immediately. Wonder if I can remove comments. Depressing to see empty box though.

Barbara

working