jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Market Samurai

1. MontyApollo profile image60
    MontyApolloposted 7 years ago

Is Market Samurai the best tool of its kind? If you had $100 or so to invest to boost your online efforts, would you spend it on this or go with another tool or some other route completely?

I have been playing around with the free trial of Market Samurai, and they just sent me the special offer deal to get it at 42% off or whatever it is.

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I'd buy a domain and set up webhosting for another site.

3. Resolver2009 profile image83
    Resolver2009posted 7 years ago

I have a friend which uses Market Samurai, and to my understanding it is a pretty decent marketing tool, but I would research google ads and similar first. Comparing them all.. Good luck!

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this a week or so ago. You might want to try searching the forums.

5. Rhianni32 profile image82
    Rhianni32posted 7 years ago

I thought it sold for $150.
    I've read good things about it and you get free upgrades as they come out with new versions. I havent purchased it but have been debating it myself.

6. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

market samurai is well worth the current $89 price tag

it does in 15 minutes the research that would take hours without it

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a trial version of it, and I'm not so sure I agree with you. It gives you a lot of information, that's for sure, but I'm also not certain it's a necessary part of one's arsenal. I have a research background and am well aware of analysis paralysis.

So tell me a success story that happened because of Market Sumurai...

1. sunforged profile image68
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sure, used MS trial through 30dc last year, used research returns to buy approx 50 domains (getting me a bulk discount) 20 of the sites brought over 150 visitors a month in type in traffic before there was any development at all(just a base WP install and some plug ins - NO CONTENT...a year later they are very profitable (i quit my day jobs in october 2008, have traveled to 6 states on various vacations in this time period), about 15 of the other domains were never developed but  were resold via ebay for a combined profit of over 400 usd.

Purchased the program with the some of the profits last February after using a cracked version for a couple of months (wanted the additional features they keep adding) for around 100 usd

i have seen great increases in productivity as a result of owning the program, i still do just fire up the adwords keyword tool, google wonder wheel and other free programs sometimes. But, it certainly speeds up competition research

tell me a free or cheap tool that is in anyway comparable to MS in competition analysis? (SEO for Firefox was my mainstay pre-MS)

But market samurai could comfortable sell at 400+ usd and still be a good investment if you do much online business...if hubpages was my only enterprise than perhaps it would be overkill

i dont have a research background.. i have a graphic design and writing background and any tool that allows me to focus on the aspects of this business that i enjoy is worth the price to me

89 or 149 is not a hefty price tag when your seeing consistent returns in IM, my time can be much more profitable and enjoyable than manually scouring through results pages

1. MontyApollo profile image60
          MontyApolloposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So...use the free trial to find about 12-15 domains (this amount is more in my budget than 50), develop these first, then buy the full version of Market Samurai later? Or buy Market Samurai now?

BTW, thanks for the input everybody!

1. sunforged profile image68
            sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats just my experience, domain sales and web development though successful for me may not be your thing.

If your only online presence currently is hubpages with ten articles, I would learn the old fashioned way before relying on any expensive tools.

There seems to be two vocal extreme schools in internet marketing, the Bum marketers who will spend countless hours writing content for backlinks and creating complicated link wheels and researching every keyword string to the bone

or those who buy every damn tool , system and guru gimmick that gets thrown at them.

Im more in the first school, you dont need to spend money in this game, if your willing to sacrifice time.

My current game is adsense arbitrage, keyword research of low cost low comp adwords ad w/keyword strings driving traffic to high cost adsense pages.

it works, and keyword research and content generation is all thats required.So for me MS is a godsend, for hubs the adwords keyword tools are good enough

but, I wouldnt drop 100 bucks on a product if 12/15 (84-110 usd) domains is your current operating budget

Now the 42% off deal I received in my email is supposedly only good for one more day..maybe you have a diff deal

I suggest following along at doing the 30 day challenge or Shoemoneys internet marketing course (both free)when you have 2 or 3 sites (blogspot is fine,doesnt have to cost!) that are bringing in a couple of 1000 viewers a week, or at least a couple of hundred targetted that are clicking and buying. Say 25-50 bucks a day min, then consider putting those profits into tools like MS

There are lots of comparable products taht are cheaper.

But if your seriously making your income from IM than MS is a pretty cheap expense ..no diff than buying the better lawnmower for your landscaping biz or the macbook for your graphic design biz. You can work harder and achieve the same results

hmm..i should be digging up my MS aff links,lol ...

so short answer, buy it now if the deal is limited and you are really serious about recooping the costs, it would suck to drop the 80+ on it, if your not firing it up every day

you can def do without it, lots of people do

7. fayans profile image27
    fayansposted 7 years ago

I agree with Irohner!

You can do without MS and still find the hidden gems. It just take a little longer to find them. Not to mention that keyword research is repetitive and boring at times.

PS: what does Irohner means anyway?

8. Direct Response profile image59
    Direct Responseposted 7 years ago

Sunforged you tell it like it is.

What people are forgetting is that TIME is something we can never get back. Realistically it should all be about the journey not the goal. There is no need to get your millions if you have lost your social skills or worse your family.

I have used a number of other software applications (Free and Paid) as part of my companies Direct Response Marketing Niche and still come back to MS all the time.

Yes there is a lot of information and some of the results are calculated but when you consider that you can filter your potential keyword Phrases, in no time flat, to get the words where people ARE SPENDING money, it is a Gold Making Machine.

I have told MS that they could easily charge 600+ and I would still buy it as I know now the time it has given back to me, permitting me to get on with working on my business not in it.

9. MontyApollo profile image60
    MontyApolloposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all the information sunforged!