jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

completely lost

1. Kenya101 profile image60
    Kenya101posted 7 years ago

i joined this site purely to write. i would not say i am a professional writer but i love to travel and enjoy writing so i thought i could do that here. the problem is i DO NOT understand this site. someone please help this poor little girl lol i have my slow days and today seems to be one of them.
    Many thanks to those who reply

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Try looking for your answers here http://hubpages.com/faq and if you cannot find what you are looking for then come back here and ask. Welcome to HP

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago
    1. DoodleLyn profile image80
      DoodleLynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  When I first started I devoured this guide. I printed it out and read and read and read it. Then, after some of it started sinking in, I started my hubs. There's a learning curve, but this guide really is very good!

3. Kenya101 profile image60
    Kenya101posted 7 years ago

thank you both so much, very sweet of you. i will go on there now

4. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Big huge welcome, Kenya! You're going to just love it here!

5. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Kenya, when I started, I just clicked on "Start a New Hub" and floundered my way through from there.  Of course, I ended up with a Hub that had all the text in one capsule, and a photo plonked in the middle, but it got me started. 

The great thing about Hubs is you can go back and edit them as much as you like, so even if your first Hub looks a bit wonky, it doesn't matter - you can always fix it later.  And I think the Help information makes more sense once you've tried it out once.

Darkside has written a series of Hubs that really explain things well:

6. Sophia Heresford profile image82
    Sophia Heresfordposted 7 years ago

I'm new and kind of lost too. Don't feel bad!

7. Direct Response profile image61
    Direct Responseposted 7 years ago

Congratulations to all that are NEW.

You are the people that have taken ACTION and are moving forwards in life.