jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it possible to make ads invisible to hubbers?

1. Silver Rose profile image79
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

Some idiot has been multiple clicking ads on one of my hubs (I can tell it was a hubber because the only visit to that hub was from "hubpages.com" according to the stats for that hub). And of course the value of the clicks was zero.

I wish hubpages would make ads invisible to hubbers. The current situation just means that our Adsense accounts are at risk of being closed down, due to those abusing the social side of this site.

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

That's a great idea, but it'd probably have to be to logged in hubbers. I don't know if they'd be able to prevent all hubbers from seeing whether logged in or not. It'd probably have to be like the Kontera ads.

In this case the hubbers can still click when not logged in to their account.

In your case, the person whom you feel is a hubber that spam-clicked your hub, could have just as easily logged out and still done the same thing if the ads weren't visible to hubbers.

I do like the idea of logged in hubbers not being able to see the ads. I know I've accidently clicked some when the page didn't load all the way, and I was trying to comment on a hub. Then the ad at the bottom pops up at the last minute when I click the box to type.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

AdSense actually has a procedure for reporting click-fraud.  You might want to do that.

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

There are some sites where you can't see ads if you're logged in.  I think it would be a good idea too.

5. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Great idea, so sorry to hear about that, Silver Rose.  Very uncool.  It does bring up a great suggestion, however.