jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

No Traffic, Crummy hubs or poor SEO

1. Appletreedeals profile image84
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

Greetings all. I'm still new to hubpages, even with 8 or 9 hubpages. I enjoy the site and creating hubs but not getting any traffic, internal or external.

Are my hubs crummy?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

No, your hubs aren't crummy. You may want to try breaking up the text into more capsules and adding some pics, video, etc.

That said, I suspect you're not getting traffic because you chose keywords to target where the competition is so high, without some age on the hub and serious linking, I doubt anyone will ever find you.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Appletree, to get internal traffic you need to get noticed - which means participating in forums (and I don't mean starting new threads for the sake of it, I mean joining in existing discussions, please!). 

However, as you probably know, internal traffic isn't what makes money.  External traffic takes patience - most people find external traffic is slow for the first few months, and you've only been here 2 months, so be patient.

You are writing on topics where there's a flood of material already, so that's against you.  Having said that, I have a couple of Hubs on eBay affiliates which get reasonable traffic so it's not impossible.

My tip - I would make the opening of each Hub more personal.  There is so much general advice about these topics and your Hubs start out like all the rest.  Remember, most people who come to your Hubs won't have read your profile.  A first paragraph that indicates you know what you're talking about would help.  For instance, "I made lots of mistakes when setting up my three eBay affiliate websites.  Today they are earning me .... a month.  blah blah blah....

4. Appletreedeals profile image84

Thanks Marissa, looks like very good advice. I will try to apply all I can.

Although I tend to be overly "wordy" when writing, I'm not very "chatty" so forum participation is a struggle for me. But I realize it is helpful so I'll do what I can.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Gregory, I'm not particularly chatty and hardly ever participate in the silly game threads, or the general category threads.  I tend to hang around the Hub-related threads - I'm at the stage where I'm offering advice rather than asking questions, but I still learn a lot from reading other people's questions and responses.  That might be a good strategy for you, too.

5. tim-tim profile image40
    tim-timposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I am new here too. It really helps when someone like you who would step up. I now feel better.

6. Sophia Heresford profile image83
    Sophia Heresfordposted 7 years ago

Hmm. I am not an expert but I think your topics (making money online) are saturated and it will be difficult to get traffic.

The Cats Meow stuff is interesting and engaging, I don't know what the deal is. Is it a good keyword with a good cpc value?

7. vancouver profile image59
    vancouverposted 7 years ago

try writing two more hubs, having at least 10 hubs will help with your hubscore which in turn will help with getting traffic.

8. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Appletree I just read one of your hubs and it's great. Loads of info, well written and useful!

One way of getting your hubs read at hubpages is to read and comment on other people's hubs - no need to add links in your comments, Hubbers don't like that much.

Read and comment on hubs within the same topics as yours. Hubbers will naturally click on your name to see who you are and then might even fan you, read your hubs and comment on yours.

Fan other hubbers too and post fan mail to their profile - but don't go mad with it!

Another good way to get your hubs read is to answer questions (go to the answers tab). If your hub answers a question post a link to it.

Won't go into getting external traffic just now other wise this would end up being an essay!

Good luck!

9. Roffi Grandiosa profile image61
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 7 years ago

your hubs are great appletree. I'm one of your fan

10. AEvans profile image75
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Your hubs are fantastic!! You just had to get yourself into the Virtual Public eye. smile

11. Appletreedeals profile image84

Thanks everyone. I was feeling kind of low because of my author's score but you folks have perked me up.

Sophia, You are right about the topic choices. Online money is saturated, due to it's intent, affiliate marketing, and Cat's Meow is a lousy CPC topic.

I'm torn between topics I enjoy and beneficial topics. I'll work on that.

1. Roffi Grandiosa profile image61
      Roffi Grandiosaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You just need more hubs. I'm doing a 100 hub in 30 days challenge. You should do the same thing. I've noticed that you have more than 400 words each hub. You could split long hubs and link them to each other. Just an advice.

12. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I also tend to get rather lengthy, but your hub on epn is approx 3000 words!, you could easily break such a thing up into 6 smaller hubs interlink them, give them a category and pursue 6 different search terms to bring traffic to your hubs.

Also "make money online" is quite a battle, you should find a variant on the that title and edit it.

Very well written, I jumped on as  fan, i write on similar topics - in my experience,  ebay,paypal and internet marketing themes are pretty saturated, in order to get traffic some unique slants must be taken

actually we have the same picture up in our beginners internet marketing guide

yours- http://hubpages.com/hub/Affiliate-Marke … to-do-list

Affiliate marketing beginners guide

mine- http://hubpages.com/hub/Post-Hub-Pages- … ng-Lexicon

post hubpages an internet marketing lexicon

mine is 3000+ words also, I really should have broken it up

13. Appletreedeals profile image84

Thanks for the input. You are right about that being a saturated keyword, but it also has a good CPC which should translate to good adsense value and search placement. I guess??

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

no.. saturated keyword= poor search placement - an obvious high cpc keyword is already being pursued by everyone, no way you'll ever get first page on that term...you can use it intext to trigger adsense ads...but change your title to one that you might actually rank for yet still gets good traffic, aim fo rless than 80,000 direct matches (i.e. In quotes "keyword")

Top contenders ( your comp) include
      the first place ranker has the words in the domain name
      and has 9,930 inlinks !

an About.com an authority site

a 3 year old blog with  204,000,000! backlinks!!!!

and John chow

Its actually a famous keyword because John Chow ran a blatant google manipulating promotion to rank fo rteh term and got google slapped for a couple of years...and then proved he could still make big money even when he was deindexed

read about it:

http://adawnjournal.com/2009/08/04/how- … lifestyle/