jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Low hub and author scores. Why?

1. Appletreedeals profile image82
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

maybe this should have been part of my post about hub traffic, but it was prompted by another post. Sorry if it's an improper duplication.

My author's score is on 53, that's down from high-70's, and my hub scores are all under 70. Are my hubs just crummy? What can I do to raise these scores.

ps. I am on hubpages almost daily so it shouldn't be from lack of activity

2. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Is your content original?

I just had a look at your ebay hub, looks fine to me.

I think that you could make better use of tagging, I can recommend a hub for that. I just redid the tags on all of my hubs, and saw a huge improvement in hubscores.

I will go and find the URL now.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

I recommend reading this one first: http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Traffic-Use-of-Tags

And then this one afterwards:

1. Kadmiels profile image73
      Kadmielsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i just read through this hub i wish it were more detailed but it gives some really general directions on ways to use tag words

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago
  5. Appletreedeals profile image82

Thanks for the links folks. I appreciate your response and will use the links.

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Although you are not linking to the same domain more than twice on your Hubs, they do all link primarily to the same few places.  This can bring down your HubScores overall, as it can be considered a surreptitious way of building landing pages.

7. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Question - are any of your Hubs copies of articles you've already published elsewhere?  That will cause your score to tank, big time.

8. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Some hubs of a high interest nature will have lower scores, that might be part of the reason.

9. Appletreedeals profile image82

Relache - Thanks for the comment, the links issue was a problem. I wasn't aware of the "snowball" effect of the links. I have deleted most of the links, but it appears that maynot be the only problem.

Marissa - that's a good point. The hubs aren't dupes, but some are similar content to some of my other online content articles. I'm beginning to get the gist of hubpages "originality" purpose.

Thranax - you're right about saturation. I need to choose my categories better.

Thanks all for your contributions