jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Low hub and author scores.Really need some constructive help. Please

1. Appletreedeals profile image84
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

Just the Facts mam.
    My authors score dropped like a rock, down to 53
    I think it is because I had too many of my own links in each hub
    I also wrote to 2 extremes, category no one was searching, and a category that was flooded with hubs

I also cannot get my adsense account, (yes it's current and valid) linked in my affiliates settings.

I enjoy creating hubpages, I have gone through my hubs and removed all of my links that may have caused the problem.

I have also edited module titles to be more pertinent to content.

I think my content is valid and original, so even if it's bad, at least it's not duplicate or copied. (I think)

I want to continue on hubpages and learn as I go, but not being sure why my author score is so low, or what problems to correct, or why I have adsense issues is very frustrating.

Add the no-follow links status and you can see that my efforts are really not helping me at all.

So if any good sports out there would like to offer some criticism it would be appreciated. Help me stay with hubpages please.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hi Appletreedeals, welcome to HubPages. I read one and the score is good, written well, highly competitive, and maybe too popular? Maybe it isn't considered *original* hmm some spelling mistakes also ...Hugh is a name ...I think you mean *huge* ...also, your score will rise with the traffic you are able to bring to your hubs which you can see in your *my account* tab under traffic sources, participation with other HP authors in areas of interest, originality of content, just got to present it in a more unique way or area wink otherwise, I think you are doing well. smile just get your Hubs sprinkled all over the web and your score should go up.

3. Appletreedeals profile image84
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

Thanks Dame. I'm embarrassed about Hugh (lol) I will fix that asap.
    I appreciate your comment. Will look into the originality issue.

Still I think you are being too kind. My scores don't reflect your pleasant critique.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

wink thank you for being so sweet too but all of us were in your shoes at one time or another. Do not feel bad or despair. All hubs start low too unless you let it sit a bit (stew) before publishing helps too. smile