jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Text Module Versus Link Module

1. Angel Of Love profile image80
    Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago

Which one is better, a text module with embedded links or a link module?  Link module doesn't seem to have an option to have the linked page open on a new window.  Or I'm just missing something?

2. Appletreedeals profile image82
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

Just offering my opinion. I would prefer text modules with links. I think a lot of folks may have been conditioned against links modules because they can look a lot like adsense or affiliate marketing. I usually just scan link modules, but I read text modules.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Actually, HubPages prefers that you put links in link modules.  If you put too many links in text modules, it hurts your HubScore.

4. Appletreedeals profile image82
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

I'm glad I prefaced my comment as my opinion. relache has a lot more experience here. Even though it was my opinion, I think you should follow relache's direction.

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I prefer text capsule links ..hub score, whatever , click through is better when its in the natural flow of the reading process

You can of course use the link capsule and split up text capsules, but it leaves a little extra white space and doesnt have bold or H2 options which i like to use