jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

Brand New Here

1. affiliategypsy profile image58
    affiliategypsyposted 7 years ago

I just wanted to stop by and say hello.  All I can say is this place looks way too addicting.

For everyone involved I will tell you I spent 6 hours reading over the TOS and other peoples hubs to try and make sure I do not screw up.

I'm certain I will still make mistakes but hopefully the friendly people will stear me in the right direction if I do get off the straight line but will do my best to continue learning and following the rules.

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Hello and welcome to HP smile It won't matter if you screw up, we're all guilty of it now and then wink

3. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Hello and welcome to hubpages! Your right it is super addictive but so much fun. Everyones really cool here, you'll love it. Don't worry about making mistakes it will all become clear pretty quickly and you can add to and edit your hubs anytime you like.

4. affiliategypsy profile image58

Well thank you.  Those are very nice and promising words to make a newbie feel welcome.

once again thank you.

1. Aqua profile image77
      Aquaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to the addiction! smile

5. affiliategypsy profile image58

Addiction and a smiley face in the same sentence,  oh God what have I got myself into. 

Oh well I am certain there are worse addictions.

6. Dale Mazurek profile image60
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

Welcome to a great place.  No need to worry about making mistakes because Hubbers are very forgiving and very quick to help you out.

I will give you a few tips.  I noticed your profile says you are an affiliate marketer.  That is great and I hope you do great.  I too am a marketer so I give you this advice through experience.

Dont make everything about marketing
    Stay active in the forums
    No spamming
    just follow the rules.

I do give you kudos for taking the time to read the TOS.  This will get you along way ahead of others that are new here.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around.

7. Aqua profile image77
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

There are also some very good hubs here *about* hubs. They are well worth reading if you're looking to make money here at HP - meaning, other than using HP solely as a vehicle for your affiliate marketing.

8. andromida profile image73
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HP!

9. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Welcome Take Your Time and Others Will Take The Time You Need of Them.

10. AEvans profile image68
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Welcome!! Yes it is addicting and it only gets worse from here. LOLOLOL big_smile

11. anjalichugh profile image82
    anjalichughposted 7 years ago

Welcome to the family! This sure is an addiction but we all love it. Keep hubbing. smile

12. profile image0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 7 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages. I really enjoy the HP community as I am sure you will as well.

affiliategypsyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am enjoying it greatly already and I only have one Hub and am still a nobody.

Thanks everyone

1. frogdropping profile image84
        frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're a long way from being a nobody. However ... you're half a world away from slimy green big_smile

affiliategypsyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you but I really do know I have a long ways to go to be as popular as some of the great hubbers here

13. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

Welcome aboard!

14. patful profile image61
    patfulposted 7 years ago

Have you noticed the number of responses you have had to your admission of being "new"? I'm a newbie, too, but I'm finding the atmosphere is friendly and accepting. The "veterans"--the ones who have been around a while, learned a lot and are generous in passing along tips to us greenies---help set the tone for the place.

You start out with one hub (which you have done) and little by little, you create hubs about topics that you know and like. You drop in on forums or leave comments on other hubs...and it all starts to "grow" on you. (Not exactly like a fungus, but in a good way.)

You'll do fine; your many new friends are showing you that.

working