jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Finding out when a hub was published?

1. E. A. Wright profile image87
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Is there a way to tell what date a particular hub (not one of your own) was published?

Yes, most content here is (or is supposed to be) evergreen, but knowing how old an article is still is useful.

Is this info out there? (Beyond just judging the hub's age based on when comments started flowing in...)

If not, is there any particular reason why?

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i wondered that too but as KCC said, it may be 'dating' the hubs a little and make lose their "new hub" smell.

2. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Totally agree with you.  Well stated/queried.  So it has been brought up before per relache.  What was the answer?

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

I've always thought that would be handy feature as well.  But, since they are always editable, there are always logistics with the dates of the last update.  Maybe it's better ranking-wise to not be tied to a date? Just guessing.  I just judge by the comments, but a hub can go a long time without ever having a comment.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

You can get an aproximate date by going to any hubbers hub then clicking the link to "read more hubs" and you will be taken to a page the orders that authors hub by latest, best, etc.

4. E. A. Wright profile image87

Okay, based on these responses, it seems like this is a feature that doesn't exist. Maybe I should suggest it?

Info on when a hub was "first published" and "last updated" should be sufficient to avoid confusion.

I don't see what benefit there is in not providing this information to hub readers.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you looked in the new feature topic, you would see it's already been inquired about and suggested previously.

6. E. A. Wright profile image87

Relache, thanks for letting me know it has been brought up before.

Found the related forum thread; however, it looks like it couldn't hurt to suggest this feature again.

I would like to see actual date published, not just "four months ago," etc.

7. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

It would be a nice feature to have. There are some Hubs I've commented on that were written 2 years ago.

8. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

It would make hp more transparent.