jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Flag and remove questions from "related questions"

1. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I was looking at one of my hubs today and this was served by hubs related questions

"How realty Show Work? and what are the objectives on these shows.

I have ideas for a reality televison show but, I do not know procedure which can make my ideas become one of reality television shows."

asked by parmeetkaur 6 weeks ago

0 answers    Answer this question

Poor english, poor grammar hasnt been answered in 6 weeks

How can I help make sure that this question disappears? and how about a simple spellcheck and grammar check filter before allowing questions to be made public? Is this posible Larry?

Normally, Im not a stickler but this devalues the appearance and credibility of my hub, the casual viewer will not differentiate this junk from my own junk and in general could be a simple way to keep hubpages looking credible

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Hello, I wrote an article called Freelance Writing Opportunities Available.

After I published it, it was marked as "duplicate." This is my own original article that I have posted previously on another website. I would like to publish it on Hubpages. Please help. Thank you, -Grant Gigliotti

Another "question" to remove from related questions - are these being weeded out

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Are you flagging these when you find them? HubPages staff do not usually work on the weekends.

sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Im not looking to police them after the fact, Im looking for site functionality that doesnt allow a question to be posted w/o passing a spelling and grammar check ... I only care because they are auto-added to our content and the bad ones are usually created by one time users or low quality contributors anyway

-perhaps a hubscore filter also combined w/ sp. and grammar check.

This is common functionality - ever submit articles to AC or create an AdWords ad? format filterss prevent most crap from getting through

I dont see a way to flag a question anyway

4. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

Hmm, it looks like the flag link was removed accidentally at some point. I will put a link to flag the question back on the page.

As for the idea of an automated grammar/content check, that is a difficult problem. The grammar check is possible, but there are entire companies built on automated grammar checking, and HubPages isn't one of them. To actually understand what the question is asking and determine whether it is a "good" question or not is even harder.

Hubber score is already a factor in how we determine which related questions to show on a hub.

So, I'm afraid that for now at least you will have to rely on flagging questions if they deserve it. You can also try changing the tags on your hubs if you want. (Related questions are picked largely based on your tags.)

sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate the quick response, I think the flag link alone will fix my issues..just would be nice if the feature was self policing to save us all time

i realize grammar check is more difficult but isnt a spelling check far less complex?

a thought, how about a YA! style point system...you would have to have answered a few questions in a hub before having "points" to use to ask a question, that would significantly raise  the quality of questions and limit the use by those who dont understand its purpose

..im sure you all busy, just thinking out loud, thanks for answering the initial question

5. 0
    mariyammaposted 7 years ago