jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

My hub rated down?

1. jabyrd82 profile image62
    jabyrd82posted 7 years ago

Why is this hub rating down more and more any one help?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Probably because it does not have enough text.

1. jabyrd82 profile image62
      jabyrd82posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh ok was just trying to show some of beutiful colorado didnt have to much to say about!! Just was showing pictures i took pretty much!

3. jabyrd82 profile image62

Thanks for reply!!!!!!!!

4. Dale Mazurek profile image58
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

The pictures are absolutely spectaculiar but if you are going to build picture hubs then count on lower scores.

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Why do you think it was rated down?

It will never get the best hubscore out the box w/o outgoing links, product modules and a certain level of text and tags, but they are great pictures, there are plenty of pic based hub here

I think your hub adds value here

As far as I know, you cant ever tell if you get rated down or up

6. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

They're beautiful pictures; and I, personally, would not be inclined to rate it down; but as UW said, there's not much text there, so I suppose some "voters" rated it down.  To me, if someone posts his own photography (rather than pictures he got from the Internet, for example) that doesn't particularly deserve a "vote down" - but that's just my personal opinion).

The aim on HubPages is generally to produce Hubs with lots of information.  I think if you wrote a little more about the places in the pictures you'd do better.  (I envy people with their own photos to post, because these days I don't even have a working camera on hand, or the time to make my own pictures if I did; so my Hubs are sorely lacking in "visual effects".)

7. Aqua profile image79
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

Wow! Your photos are beautiful! I think if you just add a text paragraph about each photo you'd have a great all around hub.

8. anjalichugh profile image89
    anjalichughposted 7 years ago

Its ok to have such hubs once in a while but I guess your earnings will suffer if you publish more of this kind. The pics were beautiful, though. smile

9. Appletreedeals profile image83
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

jabyrd- all the above comments were spot-on regrading your score. Whether or not the score is a problem is for you to decide. If you just want to post pics, that's your choice, although Hubpages my not be as good a venue as some of the other social networks.

But if you want to generate traffic for, and monetize your hubs then you will need to follow some of the "add content" suggestions. Tons of great "how-to-write-hubpages" hubs here. just do a site search.

good luck

10. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

The hubscore does not necessarily go down just because people vote it down, it depends on how much traffic you get too and the length.

Blue dog posts his own photographs but he writes a lot more, check out his hubs...

11. jabyrd82 profile image62

Thanks very much for answers everyone will keep it in mind on writing more text on a picture hub!! It was really just to show and not tell but ill see what i can come up with thanks alot everyone!!!!!!

12. 0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

you know, Rocky Mountain High isn't just a song - it's TRUE. i felt the same way when i first visited Colorado. i think the only way to do it justice is to post pictures, like you did. great hub!

13. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

It will depend on many other factors like search engine traffic , relevance of keywords, tags .etc Try adding some videos , news , rss