jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Worth Sweating A Single Accidental Ad Click?

1. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I accidentally clicked on one of the ads on a Hub of my own tonight--did that one other time, more than a year ago (I think), and that time I went through the whole rigamarole of notifying Google what a bad boy am I. 

Since then, though, I seem to recall seeing a "post or three" opining that Google wasn't going to get all het up over just one fumble.  Anybody know for sure?

Irony:  I bounced my wireless computer mouse off the lineoleum floor and into the cats' water dish earlier this evening.  The ad was for super-discounted computer mice.  I'd actually placed an order before realizing...lol

If I do get banned, maybe it wouldn't be all bad.  They said they'd sent my check 3 weeks ago; no see-um so far!

2. sunstreeks profile image82
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't worry about the click.

I usually get my check at the end of each month.

If you still do not have yours, I would request a re-issue.

---> my account
    -----> Payment history

-------> bottom right is a link to request your check be reissued.

3. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

My adsense is working fine ghost, and I am a bit mouse crazed, having accidentally done this about a dozen times.
    So based on my puny empirical evidence you should be ok. smile

4. 0

Thanks, y'all.  Kind of what I figured.  'Course, I'm unquestionably a bit more laid back just lately due to not being quite as broke as we were all summer...big_smile

Yeah, I should get around to requesting a reissue.  Someday.  Probably.  After checking to make SURE I got my address shifted over on the right page of my account from Colorado to Arizona, that is....  (Actually 99.9999 percent sure I did, but even so.)

5. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

No worries at all.  I have been receiving payment for almost 3 years now from Adsense and on more than one occasion I screwed up and clicked an add on my page.

They know the difference between fraud and accident and at the end of the day you just will not get credited for the click.

Its as simple as that.  I had to ask for a reiisue once and it was relatively painless.  I like it now that it goes right into my bank account.

6. 0

Shucks, Dale, I hadn't even noticed that Google had the direct deposit option. 

I checked my Payment History page and will need to wait a little longer before requesting the reissue.  Check will probably show up by then.  Wouldn't be the first time the Pony Express got waylaid by Comancheros out here in the desert....

7. 0
    rethansmithposted 7 years ago

Don't sweat the accidental clicks.  A post on the adsense blog (adsense.blogspot.com) addresses this.

The Google humans and software alike have a pretty good handle on accidental clicks and clicks with an intent to game some money from Google.  If they see that you clicked one of your own ads and they deem it as an accident they will just nix any credit for the click.

If they banned everyone who has accidentally clicked on of their own ads I am sure their publisher base would be significantly smaller than what it is now...ha.

8. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

oooo...I'll have to make sure that I don't accidently click on my own ads...didn't know about that. thanks guys. and lol Ghost just say oops and move on to the next. big_smile

9. Rhianni32 profile image83
    Rhianni32posted 7 years ago

I doubt they would do anything. They arent worried about the one click but the people doing it multiple times every hour every day

10. Cynicist profile image61
    Cynicistposted 7 years ago

Yes. The police are on their way as we speak. I suggest you grab anything you can and you and your loved ones go and lay low for a while. My Cousin got 15 in the slammer for this. Good luck friend.

11. CarpetDiem profile image78
    CarpetDiemposted 7 years ago

I agree with Dale, and would not worry about 1 click.
    If 1 click out of 100 comes from a single ip address, I can't see a problem.
    If 80 clicks out of 82 clicks come from the same ip address, I see a big problem.

12. Cynicist profile image61
    Cynicistposted 7 years ago

Just kidding man. I doubt they will even check if you click unless you are making funny money. I think if it mattered they
    would have notified you.

Carpet Diem, cool name.