jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

A Word Of Warning on Foreign Terms in Hubs

1. sabrebIade profile image86
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

I just got finished reworking one of my Lucha Libre Hubs and when I got done, I got this message...

"Your hub may not be in compliance with our publishing guidelines. Please review the message below, and correct the problem if possible. These warnings are only visible to you, the author."

"Our automated language detector thinks that this hub is written in a language other than English, which is against our rules. If this hub is actually written in English and our detector has made an error, please email us at team@hubpages.com. Please include the title or URL of this hub in your message."

Well that kinda floored me since I only speak English.
    But the Hub is about Mexican wrestling and I used a lot of Mexican terms and names.
    I guess the proper term would be Spanish, but it is Mexico.
    I dont know if they even have Lucha Libre in Spain....

Anyway, I e-mailed the Hub pages team and I'm sure that it will get fixed, but if you are doing a Hub on something not English based (soccer, foods, people etc) you may wanna watch the balance of English terms to other languages to avoid this problem.

2. euro-pen profile image79
    euro-penposted 7 years ago

This is very interesting since I wrote quite a few travel-oriented hubs which by their very nature do have some non-English words in them (not all villages, towns, mountains etc. do have english translations for their names). However, I never encountered a similar problem.

3. sabrebIade profile image86

I tend to encounter a lot of problems others don't for some reason....LOL

4. Kidgas profile image80
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

I got the same message when I used a lot of stock market symbols in one of my hubs.  Don't be concerned; it will be seen by a human, likely Maddie.

5. sabrebIade profile image86

Thanks...I was starting to get paranoid...LOL