jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Fan Club

1. DrPPoorluk profile image60
    DrPPoorlukposted 7 years ago

Just wondering, what your opinion is on the impact the fan club has on your hubs? I have a few (Who I greatly appreciate)fans, hoping to have more someday down the road. But for you who have a multitude of fans, what impact does it really have on your hubs?

1. Appletreedeals profile image83
      Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

the main impact is that having fans means you are interacting with other hubbers - which means you will get some internal traffic to your hubs, and comments in exchange - which means your hub scores will go up - which means you will likely get some external traffic from that internal traffic - which will increase your hubbers score - which never hurts when hubs are indexed.

so yes, getting fans means you are working to promote your efforts.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's a misconception - a higher Hubscore does not lead to higher external traffic.  It's the other way around - higher traffic will lead to a higher Hubscore.

Fans are good for the ego and make Hubbing a less solitary affair.  Fans are more likely to leave good comments, and good comments add to the value of your Hubs.

2. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Very little.

Most fans aren't people interested in reading your hubs. They fan in the hope that they'll be fanned back.

Real readers who appreciate your work and wish to be notified when something new is published are great. Certainly if a person were to have hundreds of them, they'd have a lot of impact. But the fammers, in my opinion, outnumber the fans by at least 10 to 1.

1. Aqua profile image79
        Aquaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Totally agree with the above. There are many fanning sprees that take place here at HP.

"fammers" - I like that smile

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

I don't have alot but I think it helps get your Hubs read. It also helps identify those with like minds.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Like you and me !!! lol Hi sneak !! smile

1. 0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You-Da-Man! Tantrum is the Man! The undisputed Man of Men! The next President of These United States of America Tantrum, Yeah!(must be shouted loud and long)

3. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure-- I appreciate all my fans, but when you get quite a few-- it seems like a lot of people jump in just because you have a lot.

I appreciate those who post a comment-- and usually go to read a a few hubs from a person who does that.

4. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I suppose I should say that I like all my fans. And I do. Nailed to my wall. But of those that are in my *cringes* fan club, maybe a couple of dozen actually potter about reading my stuff.

I'm not a fan of many - I'll have to look and see TBH - but I have a certain amount I try and keep on top of. I don't always manage it, I may miss the odd article, but I do try.