jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Copying and Pasting from blogs

1. blessedmommy profile image90
    blessedmommyposted 8 years ago

Hi.  I used to blog a little before I started HubPages.  My blogs were more like articles and this is one reason why I was glad to find Hubpages.
    I have deleted all my blogs except for two, and I have copied and pasted a few of my articles and made hubs out of them. 
    I was wondering, since these articles were copied and pasted from one of my blogs if it looks like I was copying someone else's work.  These articles are genuinely mine and I didn't know if copying and pasting can affect hubscores.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

If the content is from the blogs that are still online, this will affect both your hubscore and search engine rankings. You need to re-write your content to avoid it being "duplicate". This has nothing to do with who is the author, this is about two or more duplicate pages being on the Internet...

3. blessedmommy profile image90

Thanks,  Misha.   I deleted the blogs shortly after I copied and pasted them, except for one.  This blog has my story on miscarriage along with a few other posts on miscarriage so I left it on there since they were different.  Should I go ahead and delete either the hub or the blog?

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

It's not really clear from your post just how different they are? You either need to make them materially different, or to delete one copy. I usually try to make them different - this way you have more users seeing your message smile

5. blessedmommy profile image90

Well, some of it is word for word, obviously, because it was copied and pasted.  My blog had more posts to it, however. 
    I have deleted the blog, just to be on the safe side, and I will probably recreate it later with different wording and fresh content.  I have saved the unique content to my computer so I will be able to use that later when my blog is up again. 
    Thanks for all your help. 
    There are some of my articles that have lower hubscores that I personally consider better than some of my others with higher hubscores.  I was just wondering if they could tell that these were copied and pasted not realizing that they were my work, and gave me a lower hubscore on them.
    It may be too that you just never know which articles will rate the best.

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It very well could have been. I'll leave this to Paul to come up with authoritative answer, if he will.

And you are welcome smile