jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

1. 0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

to the person with the new account with no picture and no hubs, instead of leaving nasty comments on people's hubs if you don't like something you read, why comment at all? there is nothing offensive in any of my hubs. i write about popular culture, trends or things going on in America that apparently are of interest to some people judging by the comments on the particular hub that you left your comment on. i bet you rated it down too, huh.

it's just too bad that some people are incapable of manners and respect for their fellow hubbers.

1. shamelabboush profile image57
      shamelabboushposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I encountered the same before which is really ugly! The problem is that anyone whos not registered in HP can leave a comment which is not right! In some sites, you have to have an account to leave a comment. This way, they can control such abusive feedbacks.

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can set your comments capsule to required an account to comment.  Just edit the capsule and check the box.

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I got a super weird hateful comment too. I deleted it and didn't think anything more of it. Can't remember the commenter's user name. However, cosette, good for you for calling this person out. smile

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Just report them smile

3. 0

i deleted it and couldn't find their name since they used a name derivative that thousands of people use. besides instead of reporting i think it is better to expose them publicly then they will think twice before doing it again.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not all hubbers come to forums. In fact most of them don't. smile

4. torimari profile image79
    torimariposted 7 years ago

I haven't experienced this here yet, but it sounds just...lovely. I'm sure I will as time.

I've seen far more controversial things than American trends or media...it's fishy that people are trolling things like that.

I bet them trolls are people with accounts that may be active on here, and instead of facing pissing someone off with a nasty comment they make a faux account for it. I know, I'm a genius.

5. 0

i think the same thing.

i myself say some unpopular things, but i do it as myself and not under a fake account. even if it offends some people at least they know who they are dealing with. and if i don't like something i read on a hub, i don't leave a comment.

6. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Yeah, I am getting some of the trolls too, crap too through email (they contact me through hubpages and it comes to my email) well, it's a pain.  Report them but know you are not alone.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i haven't checked my email today. oh boy.

maybe i will report it then next time. thank you.

p.s. in my email it says:

"Unverified person 'Jen' left a comment on your Hub --------"

i don't think reporting is going to do anything in cases like this.

exposing trolls is the best way to deal with them.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Admin can block their IP smile

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If they are just normal every day annoying comments please don't email us.  Just mark them as spam and delete.  If there are enough problems from an ip address, we'll automatically identify future comments from that same ip as spam.

7. 0

shh...don't spoil it for me, heh. i hope she is reading this right now, gettin' all annoyed.

if HubPages deemed my hub front-page-worthy, it must not have been as disgusting as she portrayed it.

8. 0

thanks Daniel.

'k, thanks, i will make a note of that.

9. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

I have had some spam lately, but treated it as such. I did get a couple of nasty comments on a couple of "Sensitive" topic hubs (for the weekly HubMob, LOL) and I have started selecting the unseen til allowed option for all my comments capsules. That not only prevents spam and link posting, it can keep truly mean comments from being ever published in the first place.

Still it hurts to have to wade through them though and to delete their email sad Please do report them as pauldeeds and misha encourages you to do, and hang in there, sweety smile