Who all has finished the 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

I have been digging around these forums now that I'm back from my wedding and honeymoon for the past couple of weeks (it was amazing!) and I was wondering who all has finished the 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge? I would like to get in touch with a few of you to get your thoughts on the HubChallenge and how it has affected your traffic and earnings (even though it's still pretty early on).

If you have successfully (or nearly successfully) completed the 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge and you'd be willing to share some of your results and thoughts with me, post something in this forum so that I can get in touch with you.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to picking your brain a bit (I promise it won't hurt). smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good to hear you are back.

I have mentioned my thoughts over it here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/19995#post319624

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i did.

it was a great experience, and smashed my writer's block to smithereens.

Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ummm, yeah -- and it looks like your traffic isn't doing too bad either. I'll send you an email so that we can chat more about it.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

so? where was the honeymoon?  And no I wasn't in the challenge...wouldn't make it if I was smile

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Congrats on your wedding/honeymoon etc....

I have completed the challenge, however this was pretty unintentional. I didnt seek to do 30 hubs in 30 days, it just happened (again).

As for increases in traffic, yes I am seeing massive increases in traffic, but this has a lot to do with 4 or 5 articles with 4 pence cpc search terms.

In other words, most of my traffic has come as a result of writing some hubs in very very uncompetitive titles with little earning potential.

But my general earnings have increased from about $1 a day, to about $2.50 a day. I have written about 11 hubs in 4 days, so I guess there is potential for those 11 hubs to boost my earnings yet further.

Its all part of a larger plan to use those low earning hubs to drive traffic to related higher paying hubs in the near future.

I hope that helps?

Thanks, Ryan -- I sent you an email so that I can find out more about what you're talking about. Details, man -- I want details! smile

4. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I too finished the hubchallenge and my traffic is increasing aswell as my adsense earnings too, but I've just plugged my youtube channel into my hubpages and vice versa and that is slowly helping alot...

5. Trekkiemelissa profile image65
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

I did finish it too.  It rose and now its starting to dip.  I had a good run on money with the challenge where I was getting some money in my adsense account daily.  Now I am working on my next round of challenges which is 100 hubs in 90 days, so we will see how much improvement I have managed to get by the time I am done with this challenge.

6. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Congratulations on your wedding Ryan. Wish you both many many happy years together.
    I took part in the 30-30, and i mildly surprised myself. Never knew i could achieve that feat. Actually wrote 35 hubs in 30 days. I was so proud of myself! big_smile
    After the first few hubs, my traffic started to rise and income started to trickle in. By the time i finished, i had my traffic tripled and started earning daily. Yes daily. Up until now.
    Its all thanks to:
    1st the hubchallenge team for being there and encouraging us along the way. Godbless you guys.
    2nd to all participants for being a kind of inspiration to each other. I loved the way we kept popping in and out of the dedicated 30-30 forum, posting our published hubs. It was so much fun that really kept me going.
    Finally to HPages for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this great and awesome community, where i've discovered i can do a bit of writing. (A bit for now i said). Hope to get better and better with time.
    I need another challenge soon, because i can only work well when i'm challenged and under pressure. It gives me a nice push and a commitment to participate.
    I could go on and on....smile
    Im spending time trying to optimise my hubs now, and i need tips on how to do that as effectively as is possible. I love the fact that i'm learning something new everyday.
    smile

7. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I started on July 24th with 40 Hubs total.  I proceeded with my goal to have 70 done by the end of August which I was able to accomplish.  I must admit the writing got bogged down at about 60, but something happened, and I was able to get it done.  I now have 81 hubs.

I have seen an increase in traffic and fans on HubPages.  I think part of it is just the massive increase in available material.  It becomes easier to be found with twice the number of Hubs.

My earnings were up big in August compared to July, but I'm in still early in my HubPages experience and am on the steep part of the curve.  I am quite disappointed with earnings for September, however.  I am not sure that I fully understand why the pace wouldn't keep up, but that's OK.  I will keep publishing and eventually they will click.

Congrats on the wedding.

8. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I also finished it. I don't know what you want exactly?

My readership went up but it's predominantly organic. In fact it went up a lot - and has stayed there. Plus it gave birth (pardon the pun) to a whole series of pregnancy hubs which are as yet unfinished. I'm going to possibly complete them as a secondary 30 in 30 challenge.

I've made a start. And I wouldn't have stumbled upon the baby stuff but for the challenge.

Hey frogdropping -- thanks for the note and I definitely noticed that you have seen a HUGE boost in your HubPages traffic since you decided to do the HubChallenge and I absolutely LOVE what you've done with the pregnancy Hubs. Very smart and very relevant. smile

I'll email you and we can talk some more details, cool?

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you been peeking Ryan? lol behave wink

And yes, email away. I await your ... correspondence big_smile

9. profile image0
    Bostonian Banterposted 14 years ago

I finished 37 in 2 weeks.  However, I do not think I am signed up for the challenge.  I posted something in this Hub, but did not get any kudos from HubPages staff.   Honestly, I haven't seen much of a change in traffic, with the exception of two current event hubs.  My other hubs have all stayed pretty steady, with the exception of the specialty hubs, which remain low. 

I do have a question: What is the difference between Clicks and Impressions, as they relate to AdSense?

Thanks!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An impressions is somebody looking at your page, whilst your adsense ads are displayed.

A click is somebody who is looking at your page deciding to click on one of those ads. This is how you earn money.

1. profile image0
        Bostonian Banterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is the best way to encourage people to click?  What is the magic formula?

1. waynet profile image69
          waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Write useful content but leave enough room for people wanting more information, so they click a link to try and find more information, maybe something related to your topic a sub topic maybe?

1. profile image0
          2. profile image0

Can you direct me to an example?  Thanks!

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I've just gotten into the habit of writing at least one hub a day. It doesn't feel right if I haven't. So I don't call it a challenge anymore it's just part of my work plan.

11. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

I just finished today with #30 and did it in exactly 30 days. smile

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats lakeerie! Way to go!

12. tdarby profile image61
    tdarbyposted 14 years ago

Hope the honeymoon was great.  I am interested in doing the 30 hubs challenge and am wondering if I have to make it known somewhere when I begin for it to be official or is it just an On Your Honor thing?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)