jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

A question about puttinng up adverts

1. Cynicist profile image60
    Cynicistposted 7 years ago

So I signed up to Amazon and it says 'set' on the status. So how do I put up teh adds and start making money?

Also I signed up to Google but it says awaiting approval anyone kow how longs this is going take?

Thanks in advance friends!

2. PhilD41 profile image80
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

My Google approval took less then 24 hours, if I remember correctly.  As for the Amazon question... There is a capsule in your hub for amazon.  Add it and the editing should be self explanatory. You can either tell it exactly which items to show (via url) or put in a search term and let it populate it automatically. It is pretty straight forward.

Best of luck on both!!

Cynicistposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Got it about google but you lost me about Amazon I can't see any capsule. Help! tongue

1. Appletreedeals profile image84
        Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

click to add amazon module
        click edit
        if you want to promote a specific product, click "choose specific products" - now you will need to have the url of the product on amazon, (or you can use the ASIN, or ISBN numbers, which you also get from the product listing on amazon) personally, I always find the product, copy the url, then insert this into the amazon module.
        you can pick up to 10 individual items to display but you will add the url for each item on it's own line.

example: to display just 1 specific model GPS unit, find it on amazon, get the url and place it in the amazon module. your amazon module will now only display that one item.

from the beginning, if you want to display amazon products based on a keyword search, click the "choose keywords" button, then enter your search keywords

example: enter "GPS" as search keyword and your amazon module will display the first 1 to 10 items (you pick this #) with GPS in the title.

hope this helpd

Cynicistposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are my favourite hubber.

3. Cynicist profile image60
    Cynicistposted 7 years ago

Okay, I have found the capsule and added it. Now what's all this about URL and search terms. I'm easily confused :p

Thanks for your patients.

4. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

I would be interested to know this too as I have tried and tried to use the url they suggest with no joy. I'm not even sure it is set correct so I have been reluctant to use it as I noticed a downturn in my adsense earnings whilst they were on. They have now doubled and are back to normal.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I think what's confusing for some people is that you have to open Amazon.com in a separate window and find the products that way - some people assume that you should be able to find products from within the capsule.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's how i find them. i just type stuff in the keywords window to see what i like.