jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)

Twitter is for idiots?

1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

Your feedback is most appreciated smile

Best Regards

2. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

Great hub. I feel twitter may be a waste of time. I use it for upgrades only, but was suspended during the 30-30days for reasons best known to them. I wrote to complain, but no feedback yet from them after 2 weeks. And i found something strange, my account had articles posted/updated by other people selling tooth whitener and stuff. They cant keep their house in order.
    I was so miffed but i think i really care less now.
    After reading your hub, i definitelty dont care about them anymore.

3. 0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

The forums is not the place to post links to your own hubs.

However, I went to twitter once, stupidest site I ever saw. If I want to read bumper stickers I'll tailgate.

1. dingdong profile image60
      dingdongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

THIS forum is for that purpose. Hubbers can post hub links and ask for feedback here.

1. 0
        Madame Xposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My bad sad

4. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 7 years ago

Sunseven, I checked it and commented there.

5. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Twitter can be a tremendous marketing tool. If you have 3000 twitter subscribers, who have each chosen to sign up as your follower, then the earnings potential from that traffic is astonishing when 'tweeting' a high cpc page.

As a social networking tool, I dont enjoy it at all.... facebook all the way.

6. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I read the other day on Fudzilla that twitter rots your brain. roll

7. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 7 years ago

The thing with twitter is that if you don't have a network built up of targeted followers, then it is truly useless, I've tried to salvage my twitter as it became a one stop place for all of my tweets from anywhere and everywhere, but I thought why bother, I'll just use it for some extra traffic through hash tags and the people who might genuinely follow me because they might be interested in what I post, which will of course only be small handful of people, but anyway the clue could be in the name twit!

1. marcofratelli profile image81
      marcofratelliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. Every time I write a hub I tweet about it. I also retweet other hubbers' hubs. It's great to generate a bit of instant traffic. I acknowledge that there is a fair bit of spam out there - it's not good PR to just have every tweet about you trying to sell something.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How do you go about getting tagetted followers? Advice welcome smile

8. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

I wish I was the twit that is raking in the revenue from the site, it's like any other similar site, you post, bugger off and get maybe a few followers. There are some pretty good bands on twitter who have become pretty well noticed through twitter, so hell maybe the idiot is ??

9. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Waynet put it the best. The key is in having 'targeted' followers. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

10. Roffi Grandiosa profile image62
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 7 years ago

twitter is a cool site. We can follow news updates and other trending topics although trending topics sometimes are randomly stupid.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this
  11. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

I can't stand Twitter. I just left a comment on your hub, which I think is great, by the way.

12. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I hate peoples views on language. Thats all everyone blames. Twitter is just an option to use, not a curse. You can make a list on why to use Twitter and why not to, and the why to list will be much longer.

13. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Exactly, you get out of Twitter exactly what you put into it. If, for example, you choose to follow people who post ever aspect of their lives all day long or choose to do that yourself, that is your problem. As others have said, it can be be a very useful tool.

Bottom line...if you don't like it, don't use it.

14. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 7 years ago

I totally love twitter - just really its good to understand how to use it - ya cant just get on there and follow everone just to get someone to follow you -if you use it to a certain catagory and a few different accounts - it really can be a great marketing tool smile Twitter the great! gotta love it LOL

15. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I don't mind twitter and I have generated traffic because of it to me it does have a purpose but to others it may not. Some use IE8 others use Firefox each to there own. smile

16. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

oophs I hit submit too fast. . all I wanted to say was that Roffi I couldnt agree with you more! Great way to follow news and sometimes one never knows what pot of gold you can find.