jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Spaces on my older pages

1. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

Hi I have just noticed when I view some of my older pages that there are a lot of spaces.  They were not there before.
    So I have gone in and edited them and they look ok.  Then when I close and view again the spaces are back again.

The text will stretch right out on one side or there will be long areas without anything at all.

Is anyone else having this problem  and what can I do about it.

This is one example of it.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/DIY--How-to-reu … xpensively

2. Dale Nelson profile image29
    Dale Nelsonposted 7 years ago

Hi Eileen,
    It seems to view fine in my browser.The only spaces i noticed or after your first paragraph "grandma" where your amazon capsules are right aligned to sit next to your first paragraph.You can arrow them down to sit under the text if you want.Other wise looks fine when i open it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Hi Eileen - what Dale said.  You have too many capsules sitting to the right of your first text capsule.  That's why there's a big white space under it.

You need to hit the green down arrow on a few of them, to get them to line up with other text capsules instead.

I'm guessing your other Hubs have the same problem - it may be some change that's happened with the eBay or Amazon capsules taking up more space than they used to.

1. LVM profile image55
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If I may add, Amazon and eBay capsules are dynamic.  Although you set them to display a specific number of items, those items will have varying desciption lengths, hence varying capsule lengths.

4. LVM profile image55
    LVMposted 7 years ago

I took a second look at the hub and I think the horizontal google ad is preventing the text from the third text module from flowing continuously to the second text module.

I think the capsules on the right sitting on the second text module should be placed on the third module instead.

Hope this helps.

5. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

thanks everyone for that.  I see what you are saying about the pics on rhside.  I even deleted and shifted them on a couple of pages.  But still seemed to come back on rhside.
    I will have another go as I am back online with a bit more time now at last after having been away for 12 months around australia.

We are still not actually in our home as waiting for our son to shift out so we can get back in there.  Thanks again