jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

How are page views counted?

1. JulietduPreez profile image88
    JulietduPreezposted 7 years ago

When you view your own pages is it recorded as a page view? And when you edit a hub?
    Before I even publish a hub I see I have "views".

I'd like to know the traffic to my hubs excluding myself...

Thank you,

2. LOT2DO profile image61
    LOT2DOposted 7 years ago

Your own views are always counted, I don't think it's possible to exclude it.

1. rmcrayne profile image95
      rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I disagree.  Although I have noted per OP that I seem to have views on a new hub immediately after I publish, or questionably before, I am certain it does not count my views and edits of my work.  I only have 12 hubs, and definitiely have peak on and off times.  I have periods where my views stay at the same number for hours at a time.  During this time I have in the past, and verified just now, the views in stats does not reflect my activity.

3. LVM profile image54
    LVMposted 7 years ago

I know of a way:

Don't look at your hubs and don't edit them!

Joke, joke, jooooke!smile

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I tend not to go back to my own, look at them, and edit them - maybe that explains the low traffic.   lol

4. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

You try to remember how many times a day on an average you visit or edit your own hubs.Just exclude that from your total page views.

5. 0
    bineeshaposted 7 years ago

At present there is no way to avoid your own hub views.

1. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I positively encourage my own views. Makes me feel validated. I set special 'reading me' time aside. Chicken soup for the soul smile

6. cashmere profile image83
    cashmereposted 7 years ago

It is difficult to remember how many personal views there are, but you can use the stats button above the hub to check out more details about your traffic sources.

7. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

HP does record your own visits to your hubs. But you can exclude them from Analytics by creating a filter.