jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Traffic seems to be improving, but...

1. kowings profile image79
    kowingsposted 7 years ago

I'm starting to get hits from Google, Yahoo, and Bing (nearly half of my overall traffic is coming from those three sites). But I'm not getting any clicks. My CTR is below .5%, and I'm not sure why.

I've focused the keywords on most of my hubs, added links to related hubs, and even done a product review hub that was related to my homeschool/education hubs. Nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas anyone has would be very useful in preventing me from pulling the rest of my hair out smile

1. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Patience and perseverance! You'll be there before you know it. Mark my words smile

2. Gemsong profile image86
    Gemsongposted 7 years ago

The only advice I can give it to keep writing and have patience. It takes time for these things to kick in and from what I've learned from other Hubbers, these things fluctuate.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Never quote your CTR figures, it's against Adsense TOS (go back and edit your comment).

I'm on my work computer which means I can't see your Adsense ads, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with ad placement.

Are you seeing an Adsense ad in the top right hand corner of all your Hubs?  That's the prime place to get clicks.  Do you have all your Hubs set to "high"?  Have you split your text over several capsules so you get ads appearing between?

1. broussardleslie profile image82
      broussardleslieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the information, Marisa.  I appreciate your tips.  I will adjust my hubs now.

2. kowings profile image79
      kowingsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It won't let me edit the original post for some reason.

Most of my hubs do have the ads at the top right corner. I think I have all of them set to high, but I'll double check.

Thanks for the insight.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Close to 90% of my traffic comes directly from search engines. That's what you want to see. More than likely that other half of your traffic is from fellow hubbers, and they're not likely to click on any ads.