jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it better to have a single page or split into several pages ?

1. thetrader profile image61
    thetraderposted 9 years ago

I want to add excerpts to this hubpage:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Reminiscences_o … win_Lefvre

Is it better - from the Viewpoint of Search Engine - to add them to a single page or to split into several hubpages and then link to them from the main page ?

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I'd put it on that page. It's not like at the moment it's bursting at the seams with content.

So continue filling it with on topic content.

That's my opinion.

3. thetrader profile image61
    thetraderposted 9 years ago

OK thanks, that's what I did finally.

4. gooadam profile image79
    gooadamposted 9 years ago

Sorry, but I gotta throw in my two cents.  First, if those "excerpts" on your pages are quoted from the book then technically you should be referencing them properly.  Second, the search engines spit out information on the hubs based on the keyword relevance, number of SERPs, and proper structure of the page.  So if anyone looks for the book you have written about then you might rank for it in the SEs, but the bounty of keywords on your page besides the book title are in short supply.  If the title is truly the keyword you are trying to get referenced for then get as many SERPs as you can (Search Engine Referral Pages) which include any of the bookmarking tools in the hub or any page without a rel="nofollow" to keep google from going to your page through a link.  If you have done this already also make sure that the keyword is placed in the url, the title, the H2, and at least one H3, as well as no more than two to three times in the entire body of the content.