jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Who uses digg here, I got an account here just recently?

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image64
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

I used digg yesterday and I get few traffic from it, mind if I'll you guys if Digg is working well with you...

1. Ronaldos profile image81
      Ronaldosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I use digg too but it's not very good though. Traffic is minimal.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Posting your own content is against the TOS of Digg, so I don't bother using it.

3. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

yeah, but everybody does it anyway Howitzer.

its really not good traffic, they are window shoppers, they usually head back to digg/stumble/reddit whatever so they never click your ads. traffic that doesnt convert can actually hurt your earnings

This is pretty much accepted across the IM field

When I run out of charmin, there are always tons of TOS 's laying around to help me out

4. GeneralHowitzer profile image64
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

Thank you very much... I will extinguish my account in Digg... thanks for sharing Relache and sunforged for the splendid viewpoints I really needed this...

5. Rhianni32 profile image82
    Rhianni32posted 7 years ago

I agree that digg and some of the other sites like perhaps stumbleupon bring random traffic to your hubs where people just like to browse and read and not click things.
    However one thing that it can do is bring random people that also have specific blogs that will then link to you.

1. hinckles koma profile image79
      hinckles komaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

<not allowed>

6. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

I got banned from Digg for posting two links in one day
    (Not links to me mind you, just links)
    They said I was spamming.
    And it was my first day.
    I LOVE Diggs little cliques so much that I totally ignore it now.

1. 62
      PirateGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I got banned my 1st day as well, ironic, doncha think ?

7. frogpatch profile image80
    frogpatchposted 7 years ago

I think I have had 3 hits from Digg since joining 6 months ago!

8. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

I think it's a mistake to ignore Digg.  Even if no one from Digg ever pays attention to your article (although if you hit a sweet spot and manage to trend upwards you're in good shape), it will almost always get instant google traffic and become an extra page linking to you with a high search engine ranking.

9. Write at Home profile image60
    Write at Homeposted 7 years ago

I think digg is a dofollow link, so many people use it for backlinking purposes rather than getting traffic. Some say it helps get you indexed so you show up in Google searches, although I'm not sure if that would apply to hubpages or not.

10. 62
    PirateGirlposted 7 years ago

Digg is useless, better off digging a hole in yer garden but Redditt is good !

11. Ellen_C profile image79
    Ellen_Cposted 7 years ago

Even when I post things to Digg that I just find fun and cool on the web no one visits them.. so getting traffic from your content is probably just as unlikely.