jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Seek Feedback & Help

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

I have been writing all my life, but only found HubPages a month or so ago & started publishing Labor Day weekend.

I have read many helpful Hubs about getting started, earning income & increasing traffic flow, but am definitely interested in all the feedback & help I can get.

I am having a blast & just committed to the 30 Hubs In 30 Days Challenge, mostly to keep me focused on getting as much quality stuff up on the site as quickly as possible.

I am not sure if I am getting the "Topics" quite right & also having a hard time with selecting "tags".  If some more experienced Hubbers could check out a couple of my Hubs & let me know if I am heading in the right direction or need to make a course adjustment.

Here's one I published this morning:

Thank you for your time & help.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HP, and well done! Your writing, obviously, is darn near perfect.

That said, if you're writing to make money you need to work on your keywords. Many of the keywords you chose (Teddy Roosevelt, President Obama, truth, autumn) are really too broad. You do stand a chance of ranking for populist, changing seasons and september song, but the payout from those keywords is going to be minimal.

From an aesthetic POV, I would break up the 'Politics as Usual' paragraph into two capsules -- just my personal preference as I'm not into big gobs of text without something breaking it up. And I would move at least one of your pics down further into the hub to break things up a bit as well.

1. Appletreedeals profile image83
      Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah, what she said. almost. Generally I agree with the "small blocks...easy to read" concept for most internet reading.

But reading your "rebel with a cause" hub was great. Yes, smaller text blocks would help, but your style seems to fit the composition you had.

You can use the "suggested tags" to look for some more defined tags just as Irohen suggested.

As for keyword value, I almost hate to suggest this, but try using Google's keyword tool. Put in a couple phrases that you think describe your topic, see what pops up as search results, and compare that to the tags you used. Maybe it will give you some ideas for more targeted tags. 

Anyway, great writing. gotta go back and check some more of your work

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
        Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the idea about keywords.  I will check out the Google tool.  And thank you very much for your kind words about my writing.  Very much appreciated.

3. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Thanks.  I'm working at figuring out the tags, keywords deal.  And I agree about the big gobs of text.  I am trying to write short paragraphs, but am not always successful.  It is all learning & grist for the mill.