Cooking Chicken

1. Happy Nan profile image60
    Happy Nanposted 7 years ago

I decided a while back to quit cooking chicken.  My reasoning: I was tired of plain old chicken.  Being a lazy cook, I would throw a whole chicken into a baking pan and roast it.  That was it.  No salt, no nothing.  Surprisingly, folks liked my chicken.  They'd say, wow, how'd you do this, and of course I would tell them my easy-does-it method. 

So a laid off chicken.  I had other reasons too.  High cholesteral.  Yes, and I'm thin and healthy and eat very little red meat.  I exercise and eat my vegetables--and I'm not crossing my fingers here.  But something had to change and I thought eating just fish for my protein would do the trick.  So I bought a bunch of wild salmon and put it in the freezer.  Every day I was serving salmon.  Roasted salmon.  Just put it in the pan and throw it in the oven.  Soon, I was tired of salmon. 

And so was my boyfriend.  So he brought over chicken to cook.  So I tried a new recipe--Morracan Chicken.  You glaze the cut-up chicken with olive oil that's been mixed with cumin, cilantro, cardomon, tumeric, and salt.  Easy-does-it! Just my style.  Throw that in the oven and cook some rice laced with pastachio nuts and dried appricots.  Serve with some nice vegetables.  Or chicken pizza--yes, a rice tortilla as the crust (I don't eat gluten) layered with pesto, goat cheese, artichoke hearts, black olives, sliced tomatoes, and seasoned chicken.  Sweet. 

I do care about the cholesteral lowering, so I see there is a new aspirin product that I could take, that might lower it.  So I'll try that and keep eating a variety of foods.  Chicken roasted on a bed of apples tossed with cinnamon and nutmeg and sage, a nice helping of kale to accent.  Or chicken served with fresh barbecue sauce made from the cherry tomatoes that are growing in the garden: cherry tomatoes, onions, sauteed with a little sugar and balsamic vinegar added for a barby flavor. 

Yes, I will do all that I can for my heart, (love and cholesteral) and for my palette.  My mother told me.  The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  And my boyfriend loves the way I cook, so I want to keep him intertained--yes, that's the secret to love, variety. 
    Happy Nan

2. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Interesting but in the wrong place.