jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

AG! Problems posting hubs.

1. Luciendasky profile image77
    Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago

I glanced through the forums and didn't see this one... and I never had problems before today and am wondering if I am doing something wrong - or what I should do.

I usually write my hubs in word and then transfer them over. This makes it easier for me to change things around before I ever publish anything.

Today when I was copying and pasting my hub into the capsules for my text, the format would change into either bold or italics or both. I would have to go back in several times and fix it, or have to start all over.

It took forever! Is it because I was copying and pasting? It has never happened before, but I am just curious if this has happened to anyone else and what I can do to stop it.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

That has never happened to me before and I do the same thing, copy and paste from word. And I have no answer I'm sorry chica. I hope you figure it out.

3. Luciendasky profile image77

Thanks Crazdwriter!

4. 0

Now where are those computer swavy people lol

5. Luciendasky profile image77

I know!!! I hope they come to the rescue soon big_smile

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 7 years ago in reply to this

you rang... smile

If notepad or wordpad does not work that try taking off the bold/italics and pasting it...

6. 0

oooo I had a thought Lucie...maybe your computer is PMSing lmao

7. Luciendasky profile image77

lol! I bet that is it! You are so clever!

8. 0

lmao I know when things PMS it's a gift or is it a cruse? well one of the two hehehe...dude where are the computer wizes at?

9. Luciendasky profile image77

I don't know... taps foot impatienty.

10. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I've seen the same thing. I've also seen strange html characters showing up in some RSS feeds. I suspect that the original hub was copied and pasted from Word.

Just start copying and pasting from Word to Notepad and then to your hub. That should solve it.

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Uh oh yours is PMSing too huh? jeez...what is up with comptures these days? lol

11. Luciendasky profile image77

thanks for the suggestions. big_smile

12. Shirley Anderson profile image86
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

That happens to me everytime I've copied and pasted from Word, so I just write directly into a text capsule, usually on the fly.  Not a great way to do it I guess but it's what I do now. 

I have a low frustration level.  :}

13. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Mine has done that, but it has always worked out by the time I saved it and then published. Not to worry.

14. spirituality profile image61
    spiritualityposted 7 years ago

I'd go with the post to a text editor method, but I write online myself. With firefox you can get on the fly spell check, so I don't see why I should start with word.

15. JulietduPreez profile image90
    JulietduPreezposted 7 years ago

mmm, I've never had that and I'm the one who ALWAYS has the problems. I must be losing my touch wink
    Probably the notepad idea is the best.
    Which version of Word are you using? Maybe the latest one has something fixed!

working