jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it okay to post articles from other places on your hub?

1. spiritedstar25 profile image60
    spiritedstar25posted 7 years ago

A while ago I tried starting an online magazine and it never went anywhere.  The articles are still up but since no one is reading them I would really like to post them on here.  Its all my work but I didn't know if posting "older" material would be allowed.  Thanks!

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If no one was reading them, you should figure out why.

Publishing them at HubPages doesn't mean an audience will magically appear.

You may be better off just leaving them be, and starting afresh at HubPages, doing some keyword research to help guide you in writing about topics that is of interest to not only you, but others.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

Its called duplicate content and is it allowed?  Sure its allowed because its your own work.

Is it smart?, absolutely not.  Duplicate content will get you no where with Google and drop your score like a rock here so I would suggest at least re writing the work and make it unique.

Hope that helps.

You can also find all the answers you will ever need in the help box on here.

3. Tom Cornett profile image62
    Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago

Maybe if you remove them from the site and then put them on hubpages?  If it is exclusively on hubpages...you won't get hit with duplicate content.  smile

4. spiritedstar25 profile image60
    spiritedstar25posted 7 years ago

thanks for the quick responses!  Ill keep them where they are and just keep my fresh ideas going.