jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Does Age mMatter?

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

I have a small team[5] of keen 7th grade writers who want to want to be published on the internet. After our composition lesson[see Write the Vision]my students have written at such a level that iI want them to be published on the web. After hearing their descriptive stories iI allowed them to see my hubs and the bird photos which iI cropped for better results. They loved what they saw and wrote comments on two of the hubs!The only problem is that they did not sign in[they are 11 and 12 so I did not allow an account]and used my sign in name since they were viewing my hub from my account. Are they too young for an account? iI am thinking of allowing them to use Blogger as a team or one of  my websites.Are they allowed to use photos of themselves?YYThey are serious- talking about video clips and making CDS. Do I need permission to publish their work and photos they take.?Any suggestions? This team is smoking hot and ready to write~!

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i think Ironher's idea is a very good one. if you want their input as part of your content on HubPages, can you tape-record their comments and just quote them in your hubs?

that's a great endeavour, by the way. teaching is a noble profession.

1. yoshi97 profile image88
        yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, this is a wonderful plan of action. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You have to be 18 to have an account on HubPages.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Have them start up a blogger blog where they can post. It's easy to work with and it's free. I've run across a few other school classes that have done it. You can also use WordPress. They're 7th grade so they can probably handle the added complexity!

4. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

Thank you kindly for your response and ideas. I will start as a blog and will investigate the idea of Word press. Yes, I can record them and incorporate their ideas in my hubs. With such an excited  energetic team and audience, I believe that my performance as a blogger/hubber will improve greatly. Thanks again.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Just keep their safety in mind too. hmm