jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like a makeover, please.

1. ChrissyDean profile image79
    ChrissyDeanposted 7 years ago

Hello.  I have been around for a couple months now, but haven't done very much until this week.  I've been on the search for tips on making great hubs.  I love making them, but I know mine need some work.  I also started the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge a couple of days ago. 

Here is a Hub I think is pretty typical of my style:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Learning-to-Kni … the-Basics

What would you suggest I add, change, or get rid of?  Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

2. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Hi - I am sure you will get lots of suggestions and tips, but right off the bat (and I just learned this one myself) is that your introduction should be the first thing in the Hub with NO pictures in front of it, and no pictures beside that first paragraph or two.

I always put the first two or three paragraphs in their own text box. That way Google will pop some ads in before and beside the intro - you'll get more page hits that way.

Google has some good tools to find adwords - you can getGoogle AdWords: Keytool and that will get you started picking tags. relache has some really good advice about keywords and which ones NOT to use.

You have some nice pictures and good links. Your content looks OK, too. Seems to me you are off to a good start.

3. Appletreedeals profile image83
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

redelf got it right, just drop that first photo down one capsule.

one other tip from I got from another experienced hubber - put your second capsule title at the bottom of the text in the first capsule, then just highlight it and choose H2 in the format box. It will look just like a capsule box title.

do not put a title in the 2nd capsule title box, leave it blank, the tip said this had something with how Google places ads and would increase you "above the fold" ad content

Not sure if it works, but I'm using it.

4. ChrissyDean profile image79
    ChrissyDeanposted 7 years ago

Thank you guys.  I have done all of these suggestions in my hubs, hope they help. big_smile