jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Avoiding Plagiarism

1. Highvoltagewriter profile image86
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

I take pride in trying to have original material on my hubs and that is why I take so long researching and writing my hubs before I publish. However, I just discovered a Hub on the same subject I wanted to write about. My Hub goes into much more detail than the other Hub and yet it is VERY similar. What do I do? Scratch the Hub I been writing?

I want to play by the rules, but I also want to publish this hub! Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

1. businessguy profile image60
      businessguyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If it is original and a worthwhile article then just write it.  They will get ranked accordingly.  Just because someone has written a book on exercise it doesn't stop other from doing so!

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Write about it your content I am certain is unique from there content. smile

2. Highvoltagewriter profile image86
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback- I will haft to change the title because they are identical. That sucks! LOL big_smile

3. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 7 years ago

Post it brother, I've found more then a few Hubs that were posted by people that commented on my Hubs then wrote ones startlingly similar to my own, but that's the nature of the site. You will be rated on your own merit regardless.

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

go for it.

working