jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Oh Great! I'm in an Adsense War!

1. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I just found out my IP address was banned from one of my fave forums because her adsense account was shut down.  They said MY IP address clicked over 400 times on ads at her site in one day.  Who the heck has time to do that?  Not me!

Anyway, I wrote Google, and I shut down my website, which brought a lot of traffic here, and now I'm afraid that the same person who did this will come to my hubs and start trying to shut my adsense account down.

Anyone ever gone through this?  I hate to shut down my adsense here, but I'm going to have to until this is resolved.  And it was JUST starting to make a little money, which scares me, because I'm thinking it might be this person clicking, clicking, clicking.

What a bummer!  Why can't people just live and let live, and leave things like they are?  I wrote to Adsense, but heaven knows when I'll hear back.  In the meantime, I'm not going to be making any money on my site at all.

Geez...who knew website ownership could be such a bummer?

2. Shelly McRae profile image83
    Shelly McRaeposted 8 years ago

So sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope it gets resolved to your favor!

3. makemoneyonline profile image59
    makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago

Maybe your PC is infected by a spyware to transform it into a ghost pc.

4. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

Is that possible?  I scan it regularly.  I can't see why it would go and click on ads on her site.  Just strange.

1. makemoneyonline profile image59
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you have an online ennemy you met on a forum who wants to make some revenge ?

1. quotations profile image93
        quotationsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That seems unlikely. After all they werent clicking on her ads repetively, which might get her banned from the adsense program. They were attacking someone else's site and clicking on their ads, which might get them into trouble. Someone might be masking their IP address and coincidentally used Dafla's as camouflage or as someone else mentioned they may have infected her PC and be using it as a ghost PC.

I would check more into this - either get your computer checked out by a pro or at least invest in some different spyware removal software just in case the one you have doesnt work on this particular virus.

5. 0
    IĆ°unnposted 8 years ago

sometimes spyware can get into the actual startup processes under hidden files.  you might buy a runofthemill virus scanner from any store, and run it from the disk AS a start up first, just to be sure.

you can probably pick one up for even as low as $10.

6. retireyoung profile image61
    retireyoungposted 8 years ago

I don't think virus software detects spyware.  I would suggest scanning your PC with this:

7. Betty Jo Petty profile image59
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 8 years ago

LavaSoftUSA  free.  Does that mean it's free to use? 

I don't know much about computers, but we had a virus hit about a year ago, or whatever it was.

Do I need to get some kind of protection?  I don't know what we have, really.

My husband, and son, went to WallyWorld and bought this new set-up.  It's Acer, which I had never heard of.  I'm afraid of adding things on because of cost.

Our electricity bill has zoomed up to twohundredfifty dollars a month for three months straight ,
    which is Ridiculous.  So, because of that and tuition at college for the son, we're watching pennies.

I'm Betty Jo

8. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I've run Spybot, AdAware, and AVG Anti-virus, and it shows nothing.  They're all updated.  I think it's just another Google glitch.  I was having some problems with my IP the other day, couldn't get online at all that day, so I'm thinking it may have had something to do with that.

Anyway, I took my site down for a couple of days, but I'm putting my adsense back on my hubs, because I've told Google that I'm afraid of retribution, so if anything shows up, they'll take that into consideration.

Boy, ain't the web fun?

9. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

But how could they make it look like it was MY IP that was clicking the ads?  They would have to be some sort of super hacker with all the protection I have running on my machine.

Who knows?  I've ended up on some strange sites, so maybe I did pick up a click-bot.  If I did, I can't find it.

10. coolbreeze profile image6
    coolbreezeposted 8 years ago

Adsense is such a pain and will seldom produce a consistent income from hubing,blogs,and websites. Cj is another one! total pain.
    Sure I made apx 1000 a month last year from CJ 25.00 per month from my adsense network.
    I had special sites that I bought that were Adsene sense search engine optimized.

I have had more success with producing my own products and selling them.

I received a few google slaps , I may have sad before that I wasnt sure how long a network such as this could be dependent on it own members for Revenue from adsense,

You can wake up one day and they change their policys pow you are done.

So what I am saying is Dont depend on any of these affiliate programs for consistent money.

In my experience on the Internet for 10 years they will steal your money anyway they can.

Dont forget either you can get sued for what you write, how you promote etc etc.

And you can get set up very easily online, i think thats what happen to this lady.

Thats what always botherd me about the internet, A 10 year old can take your IP,
    use it to spam your email your done ;-) 

Yes its that easy.