jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Should I register my articles with the Search Engines

1. iantoPF profile image87
    iantoPFposted 7 years ago

I'm still new to thi writing on-line gig. I've heard conflicting views on this so I'd appreciate the thoughts and wisdom of Hubbers.
    Should I immediately register new articles with the search engines?
    Looking forward to your views.

1. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do utilize the URL submission and I see some increase in my visits! When blogging it is always helpful to use any resource out their to get traffic!

I wrote a hub that will answer allot of your question in regards to what your asking:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/COMPETING-AGAIN … HER-PROFIT

This hub will help you allot!!

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

No don't. Let the site do it's job. If you're search engine friendly, then you'll get indexed sooner or later. Preferably sooner smile

3. johnr54 profile image53
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

If you are talking about your hubs, then it's not worth the effort.  Google finds them pretty quickly. If you are new then your time is better spent writing more hubs.

1. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google's search engine finds you pretty fast however other search engines needs a little boost from time to time!

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Other more expert Hubbers may be able to advise - I've read that it's a BAD thing to submit to search engines, it may actually count against you. I don't know if that's an internet myth or not.

5. iantoPF profile image87
    iantoPFposted 7 years ago

Thank you all for your replies. I understand that google will read this site and find my articles, but what about yahoo and msn? Anybody got thoughts?
    Thank you johnr54. i appreciate your input and I am stufying your information.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, them too.  I never submit any of my Hubs to search engines, yet 95% of my traffic comes from them.

1. Helen Cater profile image61
        Helen Caterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Marisa. I have not been here long, and I have never submited a hub, but still managed to find my way to the first page for a number of hubs. Let hubpages do it for you.

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago

Google will find hubs and forum posts all by themselves.

As an exercise, I created a forum post with a strange combination of words.

The post appears less than 10 minutes later on google with the term in quotes, and less than 30 minutesd later without quotes.

And yes, apparently Google likes to find your new content itself, or by following a link from a site that it has already indexed.

Some say that it's a disadvantage to submit links. Some say it isn't.
    I really don't know.
    Feel free to make up your own theory. Like everyone else does smile

1. frogdropping profile image86
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Like a breath of fresh air, Eric is always sure to breeze in. Then out. Leaving confusion in his wake. Love it smile

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes - just guerilla strikes now, making a response here and there to interesting looking posts.

I really can't be bothered putting on my waders regularly and fighting through the garbage in the forums these days.

And confusion? - No it's just reality.
        SEO is a moving feast. what was true last week may not be true this week.

If anyone on the net is looking for absolutes and certainty in everything, they'll surely go mad.

cheers,
        Eric G.

7. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Hello EG smile

I felt the waft of your double-headedness.

And there's no certainties ... that's a given smile

8. blaise25 profile image65
    blaise25posted 7 years ago

I think in Hubpages, you don't have to submit your URLs to search engines. From what I heard and from my experience, your hubs, especially if they have unique and informative content, will appear in SE's first batch search results

working