jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I want to refer my sister but we share the computer

1. .Ninna. profile image59
    .Ninna.posted 7 years ago

I want to refer my sister to HubPages using my referral tracker. However, we share the same computer. So I'm wondering if this will affect me (i.e. the community or HP admin will think that I created another account then used my tracker for the referral). I'd love to know some of your thoughts on this.

Thank you!

1. sarovai profile image63
      sarovaiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Immediately you sign out from your account, you will see sign in as a different user. So, if you have two account also HP will not mind.I hope some of our famous hubbers has two accounts.

.Ninna.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I see that different user button. I was just wondering if it was okay to use my referral tracker for my sister to sign up under since we use the same computer...

Thanks for your time smile.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's fine.

Thanks! That's good to know! Now the only problem I have left is getting my Adsense approved...They rejected me because we have the same info (we not only share the computer, live in the same home, we also share the same birthday!) They think I'm making multiple accounts sad...any suggestions? I emailed them back to tell of my situation.

Thanks again for your time!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I don't think it should matter. I'm assuming you have different email addresses? And I assume the AdSense accounts will be different also?

Yes, we do have different email addresses. My sister already has an Adsense account, I have yet to be approved. I'm glad it's alright. I thought maybe they'll take into account the IP address or something.

Thanks for your reply. smile

3. sarovai profile image63
    sarovaiposted 7 years ago

It doesn't matter. You and your sister both can continue from the same computer. Best of luck.

Thanks! smile

working