jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (23 posts)

Submitting to sites

1. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

How many people actually submit their links to social bookmarking and/or networking sites.  If you do, do you actually see any results.  So far I have gotten very little results from these sites. 

Any tips, suggestions, or ideas?

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i'm on facebook (mostly for my family & friends), and i also use twitter. i have only been at this for 2 months, so i am giving it time. also, can we use Myspace? i have a page there but haven't used it yet because i haven't finished building it.

1. Cranoo profile image60
        Cranooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

cossete i'm facebook too, wanna be friends?

I posted on digg a few times but it always stayed at one digg?

How do ya get people to digg your hubs?

We should make a digg exchange thread where we digg each others hubs in exchange for your to be digged by others.

2. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I submit links to Redgage and they do show on Google Analytics. You can also try - shetoldme.com but check out Roffi's comments.

2. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Now and then I tweet something or digg it. I don't even know why I bother to be honest. I just feel like I should or maybe I'm supposed to.

I tend to create backlinks via other writing sites like Ezine or Infobarrels. I know it's more work (writing a whole other article) but it feels more worthy.

I've seen some traffic come from stumbleupon but I didn't submit, someone else did (thanks to who ever did). I also get quite a lot of traffic from Yahoo and have linked a few hubs via Yahoo answers - but again, not many.

If you want any help, email.

Came back to add that the majority of my traffic is from search engines (google etc) and comes naturally - no tweets, diggs or whatever.

3. Marketing Sucesso profile image49
    Marketing Sucessoposted 7 years ago

Sometimes I tweet some of my hubs, but with very little results sad

4. rumbling profile image36
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

I tweet my hubs with very little results , there are social book marking sites that provide back links so if your hub is not in a very competitive niche then this could be a good way to rank high. I saw some service that submit your links in Entrecard and bought them , awaiting results , hopefully they will be good

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

The best results I've gotten is from finding targeted forums and becoming active there, occasionally answering a thread with a link to one of my hubs/blogs. For instance, if I were to write a series of hubs about dogs, I would probably then get involved in the ASPCA or Humane Society forum or something like that. Not only do I get some targeted, decent traffic, but I get a good relevant backlink as well.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I get some traffic from Facebook and Twitter, but not all that much.

7. Gemsong profile image85
    Gemsongposted 7 years ago

I publish it on Facebook with the link here. Haven't gotten anything from it. But these things do take time. It's only a click to do and isn't hurting me as far as I can see.

8. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

So far I gather that submitting to bookmarking and networking sites is pretty much a waste of time.  I have submitted to the same sites everyone is talking about but results suck.  I guess I am just an impatient kind of guy.  Since starting the hubchallenge I have been researching keywords and such, the hub I published four days ago is doing pretty good from that but with the stats down it is hard to tell exactly.  I have looked at analytics but I fear I am too stupid to understand that, never was very good at graphs and charts.  I am seriously thinking linking from another source is best but I am going to have to research the sh*t out of that.

9. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

In order to get traffic from those sites, you need to build a name there and not just post them. Become part of the community and it will lead to more traffic.

1. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's true, though somemtimes it seems like its mostly just people who have agreements to vote for each others links rather than a proper community.

I get more traffic from stumbleupon than from digg or the couple of others I've used.

10. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Yup, thranax smile got to *cultivate* and *interact* just like in Hp forums wink

@WC, I get traffic from a lot of my social sites but I do a lot of interacting on them too. Part of the promotional process tongue lol smile hope that helps.

11. futurenetads profile image61
    futurenetadsposted 7 years ago

When ever i published the new hub ......I sub meted to  few  social bookmarking sites Twitter,Facebook,Digg,Google,Yahoo Buzz,Yahoo Bookmarks, Stumble upon.

I am getting  150 to 193 visitors   from Stumble upon.It is increasing day by day

If u want to get more traffic from social bookmarking sites ......u need to improve  u r  friends network in social bookmarking sites.

Finally what i am saying  social bookmarking sites are very helpful to get traffic  ....if we do right way and right procedure.

Good Luck to every one

12. Roffi Grandiosa profile image60
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 7 years ago

Social bookmarking are cool but we should focus one one or two social bookmarking. If we bookmark a lot, people will think of us as spammers!

13. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

social bookmarking sites viewers are mostly webmasters of other sites and they will copy your content , if you add to them.

14. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I think content sharing sites are better than social bookmarking because you get one way links and some traffic, but forums and related articles are better.

15. Ronaldos profile image80
    Ronaldosposted 7 years ago

I think social media sites are a waste of time. Traffic from them are minimal. Despite this, i still make use of them though.

16. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

I think that any traffic from social bookmarking sites, like hubpages traffic, is essentially worthless from a monetizing point of view.
    It is not targetted traffic.
    I am afraid that the search engine is king, and that google is the king of kings

17. Ellen_C profile image79
    Ellen_Cposted 7 years ago

I never got any traffic from my tweets, but someone must have posted a site of mine on their twitter because I got a few hits from it in one day and it was not one I posted. Unless you have a huge base that follows you for your content I imagine it would be hard to get any traffic. Your friends and family probably don't generate adsense traffic if they visit.

18. Ellen_C profile image79
    Ellen_Cposted 7 years ago

I have found with Stumbleupon that is has to be something entertaining. The hubs I submitted with cool pictures have had a few hits but that has been it. No adsense revenue though sad

19. seotrainingclub profile image60
    seotrainingclubposted 7 years ago

I use some social bookmarking for my hub. I might try tweeting smile