Recognizing help

1. bob711 profile image60
    bob711posted 7 years ago

It seems I am on a one track theme when I write to the group.  It would be nice if you would induct one old grouch into HUB so in case by ever get frustrated, which I don't, I would have someone to take out my frustration on.  Instead all of you are beyond that.

I would like to publicly acknowledge two colossally outstanding people, Fawntia Fowler and Lisa Lrohner.  Below is a letter I wrote to them which explains their dedication, courtesy, kindness and helpfulness.

Fawntia and Lisa:
    I would like to say what a beautiful main Fawntia is.  Out of the thousands of people I've met and having read over 10,000 books I never have run into the name before.  Both of you are, clearly, beautiful people.  You are also almost unbelievable.

Yesterday, I tried for hours to edit the #2 article.  I could not do it.  I just tried, "simplified" which I had done yesterday and I still could not do it.  It did let me edit the title.  Most of this does not make any sense to me.  It certainly is interesting.

I gave up at 6 p.m. I wrote a note to Lisa explaining the problem and she instantly wrote back saying she would take care of it.

We had a dinner here for the entire contingent of Astro-physicists I know and am friends with.  His name is Jim Warwick and he is 84.  A great, intelligent, down to earth guy who is much smarter than I am and in fact smarter than most people.

I was astonished to come back at 10:15 p.m. and find 16 E-mails going back and forth between you two to solve the problem.  I am going to have to look it up because I am reasonably sure that is above and beyond the call of duty.

I do understand it though.  When I can, which is definitely less than it used to be, I do the same thing.  It pays off in various good ways although we often can never put a finger on the specifics.

I did not realize the paragraphs were not formatting correctly.  Obviously, I have no clue as to how to repair this problem.  Fawntia is
    Much better equipped to do that than I am.

Lisa, even if I could see I would not know what type of pictures to put in my articles.  I imagine if I could see others I could figure it out.  It is extraordinarily nice of you to think of doing this.  I trust your judgment 100% and I promise never to criticize your placement of the pictures.  I do not know if I can even tell if there is something there or not.  That is just a curiosity it does not really matter.

When I was a Counter-Intelligence Agent I operated, mostly by myself, in Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Ukraine and Russia.  I met many very bad people as well as many good people that were agents for those countries and just were born in a country different than mine.

Before and after those experiences I was very lucky to meet a great many very good people.  All of the people I have met on HUB are in that group.  You two are even more extraordinary than the rest.  It is a shame you are going to have to pack up and move to Clovis California so we may visit in person.  There is no question you would like my wife and she would get along with you very well.  She was 22 years younger than I when we marry 30 years ago.  I think she still is.

You will like Clovis.  It is in the exact geographical center of the state.  Its claim to fame is that it is the only city in the world that has a life sized statue of Festus (Gunsmoke) in its downtown section of, "old town".  Clovis is the Gateway to the Sierra.  Although the sign over the main streets says gateway to the Sierras.  Whomever put it up thought their was more than one Sierra.

I can not stress how grateful I am to you for your efforts.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

RAmen, we love them both smile