jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Where am I on Google?

1. helenathegreat profile image86
    helenathegreatposted 8 years ago

I was Googling unique phrases from my hubs to look for duplicate content, and everything seemed to be fine, but... I can't find my money management for kids hub on Google at all!

I searched short phrases that many pages might use, and it wouldn't be there, and then I searched longer phrases that would be unique to that hub, and it wasn't there either!  It's my most recent hub, but it's at least a week old by now.  What's going on here?

2. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 8 years ago

I googled your phrases too, and didn't get any either. Though I get them if I google 'helenathegreat.' Now I am scared to do any googling of my hubs!
    Hope a senior hubber will throw some light on this.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Give it some more time smile

4. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Are you using Google Analytics?

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What are you saying darkside - is there a way to tell what your ranking is on google with certain searchs with analytics -do tell - I I've missed it - I generally check the first 10 pages of results if I am not there decide it doesnt really matter where  Iam !

1. darkside profile image85
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it will tell whereabouts you're ranking, but I was wondering if Helena was being tipped off for those phrases in her Google Analytics results or if she was just throwing darts at a board smile

Usually the more hits you get for a search the higher up it'll be. If it's only a 1 or 2 keyword searches that the hub is picking up then it's probably quite low in the deck.

5. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

Take it easy. I think those pages are not indexed by google, yet. smile

6. helenathegreat profile image86
    helenathegreatposted 8 years ago

That's what I figured, SunSeven.  Thanks.

I do use Google Analytics, darkside.  The keywords that people have used to find that particular hub were completely unrelated to it.

7. William F. Torpey profile image84
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

Forgive my ignorance; I know nothing about Google Analytics. Do all hubs appear on Google searches? Do they stay there forever? In fact, do all hubs remain on hubpages forever, even if they no longer get any hits? Or if the author leaves this world?

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not all do. The more original and unique and useful the information is the better the chance that it will be indexed by Google (and other search engines). Some may stick around for a long time. Others may fluctuate in the search engine results.

I'm guessing they do. And a hub without any traffic isn't going to be taking up much resources anyway.

Make sure your significant other has access to your hub and Adsense accounts.

8. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 8 years ago

Just checked my hubs, and two of my hubs show up on the first three pages, but others can't be found. I think I have used good keywords, but maybe I am not; still have to learn.

9. coolbreeze profile image6
    coolbreezeposted 8 years ago

Just because you create a hub doesnt mean it gets indexed on Google and you start receiving traffic.  Sure sometimes it does. and you get on the first page.

You have to create a hub with keywords to get it placed like you want it.

You will most likely not stay there unless you digg it, up date it ,ping it the list goes on.

I also have a blog that I post my new ads on, Yes other hubbers articles also.

Get place ment on other search engines also  Yes google gets most traffic But I have some listed on Yahoo.

10. William F. Torpey profile image84
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

Thanks darkside and coolbreeze. I'm beginning to see the light. Unfortunately, it's at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.