jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Need fast advise

1. jennifer maurer profile image79
    jennifer maurerposted 7 years ago

I've been approached by someone to write an article and distribute it the way I distribute my articles on hubpages for a publishing firm. They have asked me what my fee is. I have no idea what the "going rate" is for a writer in this situation. Can anyone tell me what the industry standard is? 10cents/wd, etc..

2. BundleBoy profile image71
    BundleBoyposted 7 years ago

jennifer I guess it depends on the quality of your writing and your portfolio (if you can prove it to the firm). A great place to check current trends would be elance.com.

You will see all kinds of writer there and how much they quote.

3. jennifer maurer profile image79
    jennifer maurerposted 7 years ago

BundleBoy..thanks for that, I will check it out. The company apparently found me through Hubpages, because they contacted me through e-mail via hubpages. They asked me if I would be interested in writing the article for them and wanted to know what my fee would be. I asked for more info, i.e. length of article, scope,etc...am waiting to hear back. 

thanks for your feedback...

4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

LMAO if you can get 10 cents a word I'd never do anything else but write! Most whole articles are between $5-50 on normal, some larger bidders might increase it depending on the quality. Pay per word is the worst rate to work on. Most articles say are 500-1000 words, that's only $5-10 when you could get an automatic $15-50 regardless of writing 500 or 1000!

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If you go to Sufiwriter's website, he has some information on what he charges - might help.

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I was doing them a while back for $15 to $20 an article, depending on whether they were in the area of 500 words or, maybe 800 words.  Since they weren't specialized, weren't the kind that needed all kinds of "big" research, and weren't otherwise particularly deserving of a better than average online rate, it was fine as far as I was concerned.

7. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Julie-Ann Amos would be another great source of info.