jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Why did my rating go from 37 to 18?

1. Carol the Writer profile image79
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

I am making my first post. I added a slideshow. I am working on making it nice before I publish. I am also looking at forums, reading, etc and my score was going up. I was 37 and then I looked today and it was 18. Any ideas why? I joined 7 days ago. Is that too long to wait to post? Thanks for the help.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The main reason for being on HubPages is to write Hubs. If you don't do that, your score goes down. 

Don't worry though, because once you start writing good Hubs, it will start to climb quite quickly.  You're doing the right thing taking your time to learn the ropes!

Have you checked out Darkside's Hubs on how to Hub?  They're worth reading.

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Carol,

Scores go down if you don't do anything.  You might want to try publishing a Hub or two to reverse the trend.

3. vancouver profile image61
    vancouverposted 7 years ago

You dont seem to have any published hubs im surprised you even have any score at all..

4. Carol the Writer profile image79

Thanks for the help. I will continue to fix this first hub and then publish it soon.

5. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Won't the glitch with not recording our views effect our hub and hubber scores negatively?

6. Carol the Writer profile image79

Wow, my personal hub rating (is that what it's called?) went down to a 2. I was feeling so good when it was 37. Oh well. But I just now published my first hub, so hopefully it will go up. Now to work on #2.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your first Hub looks good, you're on the right track.  Tip:  see if you can make your first para a bit longer - once it's long enough, it will trigger an Adsense ad in the top right hand corner, which is the prime position for an ad.  You may have to play around a bit - use the "Preview" button to see if the ad comes up.

Question:  Is the text published anywhere else on the internet?  If it is, your score will plummet.  Hubs have to be original content - if you duplicate something that's already published online, it will be penalised, whether it's your own material or not.

working