jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Newbie Seeking Help

1. Write at Home profile image61
    Write at Homeposted 7 years ago

Hi all,

I'm new and just finished my second hub. My hubscore is only a 48, and I'm not sure if that is bad or good, but I'm guessing on a scale of 100, it's probably a "F". Do you think it needs an "extreme makeover" - what is it missing/what does it need for a higher score?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Attachment-Pare … nformation

2. tim-tim profile image41
    tim-timposted 7 years ago

Yo are doing a lot better than me. Welcome! It does take awhile to get the score up. I joined a few days ago and only have 7 fans so far. Maybe you can tell me what your secret is to get the fans within 24 hours. I have about 16 hubs ans my score is okay. It can be better though. Be patient, you will get it, eventually. Have fun.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Your HubScore seems to have dropped further - by any chance, is the Hub a copy of an article you've already published somewhere else?  If it is, your score will be heavily penalised (and the Hub won't earn well either).  Hubs need to be original content.

That aside, the Hub has potential.  Always split your text over several text capsules - it maximises ad placement and makes it easier to "tweak" the Hub later as you learn more.

Photos are good - I would add another one or two, if you can.  However, you should always leave the top right hand corner free for an ad, it's the prime spot - so have your first photo floated to the right of your second text capsule.

Nice Hub, I'm sure you'll do well here!

Write at Homeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback. When I look at my hub, the score appears to have risen (to 51). It isn't a copy of anything else I have published. I'll try to make some modifications, though, according to your suggestions. Thanks!

2. emdi profile image73
      emdiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Marisa, I have implemented some of your suggestions in my hubs, now my score has also increased.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't be too concerned about the scores on your hubs right now as they are so new. And I wonder if those scores are contributing to your overall score? But get involved, start reading and commenting on hubs, asking/answering questions and you'll see your score start to rise.

On the hubs, both have way too few tags and your hub on lifts for stairs looks too short.

Other than that, welcome and great start!

Write at Homeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try not to stress to much about them for now, and just work on creating better hubs and reading and learning more from other hubs.

1. 61
        BadCoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Deff don't stress about your score, just enjoy the site and your writing and all the rest will come in time. Trust me, you are doing really well !

1. emdi profile image73
          emdiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

U joined 7 days ago and u have 96 fans. Is it a paid fan-ship lol

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Your hubs are pretty good, except the chair lift hub is definitely too short. I would add some info about some of the different option available, what is required to install the hair, etc. to flesh it out a bit.

6. karmen88 profile image60
    karmen88posted 7 years ago

I joined tonight and my score is only 30 sad I only made two hubs and I'm still learning how this works. If any of you have any advice for me let me know! smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, karmen smile all scores start low when you are this new wink we all started there. Write original content Hubs, advertise, generate traffic, jabber in the forums and your score will rise wink don't worry smile